Go Back   Ford Mustang Forums > Mustang > 5.0 Mustang > 94-95 Tech

Welcome to our Mustang forums where Mustangers come together to hang out, discuss and enjoy their favorite Mustang hobby with fellow Mustang enthusiasts. We invite everyone to read, post, and enjoy our Mustang forum as well as the many other sections of our site.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest. By joining our community you gain access to post topics, communicate with members, upload your photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free so why wait, join our Mustang community today! If you have any problems with registration or your account login, please contact support.

1994-1995 5.0 Mustang SN95 Tech Forum

5.0L Talk | 5.0L Tech | 94-95 Tech | 1979-1993   1994   1995   Upload Pictures | Timeslips | Power Adders | Mustang Tech 

Reply   Post New Thread
Unread 10-09-2004   #1 (permalink)
YoshiBluedevil is offline Made Member

YoshiBluedevil's Country Flag
Silver Spring   Maryland
YoshiBluedevil is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to YoshiBluedevil
Unhappy 94 Intake Manifold HELP ME!!!

i have a 94 gt, and i am just not installing a Power+Plus Intake manifold and adapter elbow. I took the car apart, put the new stuff in, and put it all back together. However, i seem to have some extra lines, and i have no idea where the heck they go, and the car wont turn over anymore! The lines are both small and medium, im guessing like 1/4" and 3/8" lines that run off of my manifold. On the new manifold, the top manifold, on the side closest to the firewall, there are 3 holes, 2 are smaller i think 1/8 pipe to 3/16 hose and 1/8 pipe to 3/8 pipe, and one is larger which i believe is 3/8. Then, on the underside of the upper plenum, there is another big hole (3/8 i believe). Then, on the end up the upper plenum, before the elbow, there are 2 very small holes which i think are 5/16, and they dont seem to have any use. The instructions given to me are not clear enough in my mind, and i do not know which lines meant to be somehow attached to the vacuum lines (there is a 4 way thing that im assuming is the vacuum lines), and what lines are supposed to be attached to sensors. Also, there are 2 wires, under the elbow, one red, and one green, and i dont remember what ones go where.
Anyways, anyone who knows what new parts i would need, or where all of the wires go would be very helpful to me right now. Pictures of either the same intake manifold with wires attached, or a stock manifold, or even a diagram of either would be excellent. Please help me ... anyone PLEASEEE HELLPPP
342, AFR185s, TKO500, TFS2 cam, 30# inj, 75mm TB, 77mm Pro-M, twEECer R/T, Typhoon Upper, tmoss ported lower, 3/8" Spacer, Magnaflow Exhaust w/ Bassani Catted-X and BBK UnEq Shorties, 3.73's, MSD 6AL, FRPP 9mm wires, 200A alt, U/L CA's, Eibach/UPR springs, Koni Yellow Adj Shocks, Bilstien Struts, ZOOM clutch, 94 cobra cluster, 94 export tail lights, 5 gauges, and more (too much to list)
396.7rwhp/450rwtq
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/546774
Eat Rice, Dont Drive It
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-10-2004   #2 (permalink)
stangGT95 is offline Apprentice

5.0L Member

stangGT95's Country Flag
Novinger   Missouri
stangGT95 is on a distinguished road

I won't be much help but the green wire by elbow goes to your EGR and the red one is attached to a vacuum source. I'll try looking at some old mags to help w/ your other vacuum line. So far all I've found was install for an Edelbrock intake but I believe both are of similiar design.
95 GT w/ AODE, TransGo shift kit, and trans cooler, SpeedCal, underdrive pulleys, stock MAF w/ center post removed, 70mm TB, digital A/F gauge, electric boost/fuel pressure gauge, 6# Kenne Bell w/ Flowzilla intake, ported GT-40 lower, 1 5/8" unequal headers, 2 1/2" ProChamber, 2 1/2" Borla catback exhaust, and 3.55's. Chrome Cobra R's. Cobra RR hood, double Saleen wing, billet grill, chrome strut tower brace and radiator hoses.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Unread 10-10-2004   #3 (permalink)

5.0L Member

stangGT95's Country Flag
Novinger   Missouri

Not sure if either of pics will help. Might try the 5.0 tech maybe one of those guys could be more helpful. Good luck.
Attached Thumbnails
94 Intake Manifold HELP ME!!!-intake2.jpg  94 Intake Manifold HELP ME!!!-intake.jpg  
95 GT w/ AODE, TransGo shift kit, and trans cooler, SpeedCal, underdrive pulleys, stock MAF w/ center post removed, 70mm TB, digital A/F gauge, electric boost/fuel pressure gauge, 6# Kenne Bell w/ Flowzilla intake, ported GT-40 lower, 1 5/8" unequal headers, 2 1/2" ProChamber, 2 1/2" Borla catback exhaust, and 3.55's. Chrome Cobra R's. Cobra RR hood, double Saleen wing, billet grill, chrome strut tower brace and radiator hoses.
Unread 10-10-2004   #4 (permalink)

Silver Spring   Maryland

well the not starting was the fact that i didnt replace the distributor in its original place. I think i solved that though, because it at least turns over now...but now it doesnt stay on. What the h*ll did i do to my car?! someone please help me asap i need to be able to drive. but for now ... im drivin my uncles 04 cobra with a kenne bell (~650 hp :-D) cause hes out of town until monday evening lol. anyways, I NEED TO FIX MY CAR HELP ME PLEASE!!!
342, AFR185s, TKO500, TFS2 cam, 30# inj, 75mm TB, 77mm Pro-M, twEECer R/T, Typhoon Upper, tmoss ported lower, 3/8" Spacer, Magnaflow Exhaust w/ Bassani Catted-X and BBK UnEq Shorties, 3.73's, MSD 6AL, FRPP 9mm wires, 200A alt, U/L CA's, Eibach/UPR springs, Koni Yellow Adj Shocks, Bilstien Struts, ZOOM clutch, 94 cobra cluster, 94 export tail lights, 5 gauges, and more (too much to list)
396.7rwhp/450rwtq
Eat Rice, Dont Drive It
Unread 10-11-2004   #5 (permalink)
crazycarnut is offline Senior Member

5.0L Member

crazycarnut's Country Flag  View crazycarnut's HomePage
Somerset   Kentucky
crazycarnut is on a distinguished road

ok the car wont stay on because you have a vacume leak. do you have your egr hooked up right? and will it run if you give it gas?

On the way - Cobra R hood Stalker front bumper cover and side skirts.
Unread 10-11-2004   #6 (permalink)

Silver Spring   Maryland

well the exhaust pipe that runs from the passenger side header to the egr is too short, so i have a ghetto set up: a peice of pipe over the egr pipe and the header pipe, and that with sealant all around it and in the creases for now ... :-\
anyways, the problem is there are more lines in the car then there are connectors. Let me try to explain now:

there are generally 2 sizes (smaller and larger ... 1/4 and 3/8 ??) of what im assumin are like all vac lines in my bay, and from the manifold.
In the bay:
from the right side, there is a large line that was on where the elbow is now, (i think its "behind the egr plate" ?), but that comes from a 4 prong spiliiter or something from the back right of my bay.
from the left side, there is a small line that i think used to be connected to the underside of the stock manifold. The new manifold doesnt have a small one on the underside, and there rnt enough nipples with the new one, but there is a hole i could use on the side of the manifold (like when u look at the manifold from the front of the car, its the back right corner)
On the manifold:
on the stock manifold, there was a large line that came from the bottom of the manifold, and a line that came from the side (back) of the manifold, and they connected by a "Tee," and then those went somewhere. i beliieve they then went down into the lower plenum of the manifold by this weird looking plastic connector that looked like ti had a small ball bearing in it.
then there is the egr and a red wire that i bought a Tee for, and connected them together, and used the small nipple that came with the manifold right behind where the egr plate would be. by this i mean, on the upper plenum, before where the throttle body connects, there is a small hole on each side of the plenum, so i used the hole at the back part of the manifold, and put the nipple in there, and ran a line from that to the Tee. i think that this setup is correct.

now, since the only one im pretty sure is correct is the egr vac line, i do not know where the rest of the lines go. i had the large line that used to be where the elbow is now hooked up to the back right corner of my manifold, but that seems odd. the small line that comes from the left of my bay is not connected to anything, so i think i am going to try and get a nipple today and connect it to the back of my manifold and see if that helps?

can ANYBODY tell me where these lines are really meant to go? PLEASE HELP ME!!!! i need this car running by tomorrow!
396.7rwhp/450rwtq
Eat Rice, Dont Drive It
Unread 10-20-2004   #7 (permalink)
JPZ95OH is offline Rookie

5.0L Member

JPZ95OH's Country Flag  View JPZ95OH's 5 photos  View JPZ95OH's 1 classified ad
Scott AFB, IL   Illinois
JPZ95OH is on a distinguished road

I have that intake on my 95GT. The guys that installed it said they had to plug up a bunch of lines. I'll try to get a hold of a digital camera and take some pics of what it looks like. I'll pm you if I do get some.
1995 GT Coupe: 331 built by Turbo Connection ,X303 heads,Custom Grind camshaft,Hurst Shifter w/Trick Stick,MAC L/T,2.5 Pro-Chamber,CAI,Pulleys,s/f connecters,U/L cntrl arms,SLP Loud mouth cat-back,lowered 2",Steeda 4-bolt C/C plates, Diff Cover,BBK 70mm T/B,Typhoon Polished U/L intake,75mm Pro-M MAF,Red Top 30# Inj,Kirban adj fuel reg,155lph Holly fuel pump,Spec Stg 2 clutch,Aluminum D/S,3.31's,Moser 31 spline axles...
Unread 10-20-2004   #8 (permalink)

Silver Spring   Maryland

omg that would be SO helpful. and if u could show where some of the lines from the car connect (ie the vac distibutor thing on the right side, where does that line plug into the manifold) and then there r 2 lines that come off of the manifold and connect and then feed into the lower manifold, so where do those go? etc. thank you SO MUCH man omg!
396.7rwhp/450rwtq
Eat Rice, Dont Drive It
Unread 10-20-2004   #9 (permalink)

Silver Spring   Maryland

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPZ95OH
I have that intake on my 95GT. The guys that installed it said they had to plug up a bunch of lines. I'll try to get a hold of a digital camera and take some pics of what it looks like. I'll pm you if I do get some.
by the way, how did u fix the EGR not reaching the pipe off the headers?
396.7rwhp/450rwtq
Eat Rice, Dont Drive It
Unread 10-20-2004   #10 (permalink)
95pony is offline Rookie

95pony's Country Flag
Berkley, MI   Alabama
95pony is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to 95pony

I have had the same problems with the egr tube being too short a couple of times. I took the tube to Detroit Flexible Metal and Hose Technology, a local shop, and had them weld in an extension made of flexible, corrugated steel hose. Check your phone book, Im sure there are some hose or tubig places near you that could do the same. Make sure they use corrugated metal to allow for expansion and contraction. Try not having to resort to plugging the egr, the car wont run the same.
'95 GT- 347 forged shortblock, ported&milled twisted wedge heads, TFS stage 2 cam, ported&polished cobra intake, BBK polished ceramic headers, BBK H-pipe, Flowmaster exhaust, 24# injectors, BBk adjustable fuel regulator, 155 lph fuel pump, 65mm throttle body, Pro-M CAI, Pro-M 80mm mass air, Cranes ignition, rebuilt aode, shift kit, 3000 rpm stall converter, 4.10 gears, tuned by Livernois Motorsports, '03 cobra svt chrome wheels, nitto extreme tires in front, NT 555 II in back, cobra R hood
Unread 10-20-2004   #11 (permalink)

Silver Spring   Maryland

with that problem did u notice the car not pick up at all, like with Wide Open Throttle it just didnt seem to get anywhere?
396.7rwhp/450rwtq
Eat Rice, Dont Drive It
Unread 10-20-2004   #12 (permalink)
95pony is offline Rookie

95pony's Country Flag
Berkley, MI   Alabama
95pony is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to 95pony

i never really ran the car a whole lot with the short tube to tell you if it bogs the car down. Without that air recirculating back into the sensor the computer cannot read your exhaust air and will definitely decrease performance at WOT as well as idle. You will also get that really annoying exhaust ticking.
'95 GT- 347 forged shortblock, ported&milled twisted wedge heads, TFS stage 2 cam, ported&polished cobra intake, BBK polished ceramic headers, BBK H-pipe, Flowmaster exhaust, 24# injectors, BBk adjustable fuel regulator, 155 lph fuel pump, 65mm throttle body, Pro-M CAI, Pro-M 80mm mass air, Cranes ignition, rebuilt aode, shift kit, 3000 rpm stall converter, 4.10 gears, tuned by Livernois Motorsports, '03 cobra svt chrome wheels, nitto extreme tires in front, NT 555 II in back, cobra R hood
Unread 10-21-2004   #13 (permalink)

Silver Spring   Maryland

i do get decent pickup when not at WOT, but when i slam it, it doesnt pick up at ALL. the motor goes, but nothing catches. i guess its the EGR then, anybody know of a good place to get that pipe extended in Maryland, more specifically in the Silver Spring area? Should i put back on the stock TB? how big is the stock TB, 60mm or 65mm?
396.7rwhp/450rwtq
Eat Rice, Dont Drive It
Unread 10-21-2004   #14 (permalink)

5.0L Member

stangGT95's Country Flag
Novinger   Missouri

Stock tb is 60mm.
Unread 10-21-2004   #15 (permalink)

Silver Spring   Maryland

should i sell the 70 and get a 65, or leave the 65 and see if im runnin rich or lean?
396.7rwhp/450rwtq
Eat Rice, Dont Drive It
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply   Post New Thread

Mustang Photos
Mustang Links    Top Sites    RSS    Link To Us    Add to Favorites    Archive    Terms of Use    Site Rules    Privacy    Contact    Sponsors    Advertise   
AllFordMustangs is not affiliated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company. ©Copyright 2002-2011 All Auto Enthusiasts Network

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162