Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2005+ Mustang, take off leather seat covers

8K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  v6havok 
#1 ·
anyone try the leather takeoffs just wondering how they look and if its something that needs to be done in a shop.

#2 ·
At the risk of sounding dumb...what are leather takeoffs?

#4 ·
Oh seat covers. Gotcha. I was thinking car cover.(?!!) LOL. Yea I got the premium package when I bought mine. Came with heated leather seats. Now I thought "I'll never use the heated part!" But was I wrong talk about use them one time have to have em. Is there any after market kit to heat seats?

#7 ·
You can do this at home on your own. You'll need a set of needle-nose pliers, and you can re-use the hog rings from the cloth seat covers. Make it a weekend project, to make sure you have enough time if its your daily driver. You're going to have to remove the front seats.

Here's a write-up from 40collective.com, the definitive 4.0 mustang site. I recommened y'all sign up over there as well, they're a great group of people and have some incredible 4.0's. :bigthumbsup

Sorry to the mods in advance if i'm not supposed to be advertising other forums on here... I hang my head in shame.

#10 ·
I did it and absolutely love them. I used needle nose pliers to open up the current hog rings. I stuck the needle nose into the inside of the hog rings and then pried them open. The only place I could find hog rings and pliers was at Home Depot. I paid 1.99 for the hog pliers, but the rings were for chain link fences, so they were quite a bit bigger and I wound up re-using the originals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.