How Do You Take Out Old Radio? - Ford Mustang Forum
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-22-2004 Thread Starter
Send a message via MSN to WOLF_RAW
How Do You Take Out Old Radio?

Hey i got a 2002 mustang and i dont know how to take out that old radio. do i take the dash apart or what.
i dont even know how to take out the middle console.
Could someone help me please
thank you

Sponsored Links
post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-24-2004
MACH I Member
5.0L Member
Send a message via Yahoo to Fordgazm
there are 4 small holes on the sides of the radio , 2 on each side . There is a special tool you can buy to take it out . Or , you can cut 4 pieces from a coat hanger about 4 inches long and stick them in the holes and the radio should slide right out

Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience...
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-28-2004
Send a message via Yahoo to red3fidy
I pulled the stock head unit out of my 02 GT last night. First you have to remove the plastic trim that is around the gear selector. Pull the trim up and out away from the dash area. You will need to disconnect the 12 V accesory socket at this point too, so you may want to disconnect your battery just to be safe.
Next you need to pull the dash trim from around the radio, temp controls and two vents. Note, the two vents will be removed with the plastic trim. You will have to disconnect the three switches at the bottom of this trim panel too. The left plug will be orange/brownish, the middle is grey, and the right one is purple(if you have these). Once the plugs are removed, you need to work the trim away from the dash board and it should pop off with some motivation.
Once that trim is removed, there are two screws at the base of the radio trim that needs to be removed. After those are removed, the radio should slide right out.
Good luck wiring in a new head unit, I'm having troubles with that right now.
Sponsored Links
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page