Ford Mustang Forum banner

Best Replacement Surround - Metra or Scosche?

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  hobbie1 
#1 ·
Hey guys. I know there have been many aftermarket installations of stereo systems but I wanted to see if there has been a long term consensus on which unit, the Metra or Scosche, has proved to be the most reliable or give the most satisfaction? I want to make sure I do my research before dropping the money on this for my 2013 Convertible.

Thanks!

#2 ·
I also want to replace the stock hu but the current offerings for dash kit is holding me back. I do not like Metra or Scosche because they both move the hu to the lowest spot in the dash. Sorry for not answering your question but I am waiting / hoping for a different design which will place the hu higher.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

#5 ·
There is part of your air conditioner behind where the head unit would be. You would have to disconnect it, bend some brackets and find another place to install it to have room for the head unit on top...At least that is the way my 2014 is set up.

#3 · (Edited)

I'm not happy it is at the bottom. But I am still very happy to have my Pioneer 8100 NEX - in dash navigation, bluetooth, android auto play and car play. Sounds great and I can't even turn it up over half volume without taking a chance of blowing out the Shaker speakers lol. Plenty loud for me! With everything being able to be done by voice command you really don't have to go down and touch the unit hardly at all and when navigating the voice with directions is plenty loud and a quick look down gives you a great picture. I saw someone who made their own with a Scosche and another one on another forum - but a ton of work but put the head unit at the top. It looked great but I am not a do it yourselfer so had to have it installed. He did a fabulous job too for a very reasonable price. Someone advised getting the 8200 the 2016 but for about 700 dollars or more it wasn't worth it to me.

#4 · (Edited)
Scosche Kit - i love it even if the head unit is at the bottom. So much hands free it doesn't make much difference.

All my connections for Android Play etc are wired back to the console. Everything hidden - GPS and Mic and you have the steering buttons to do alot of your work for you.

#6 ·
Your install looks great. Does your sync still work? Did you add satellite radio to the unit? Also what rims are you running? I'm about to buy ebony 19" black take offs from a 2016 - there are several for sale on eBay.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.