Ford Mustang Forum banner

sound system help

988 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  nbk13nw 
#1 ·
am replacing my door speakers in my 2014 premium and am wondering what to do with the subs ! should i juts do the shelby upgrade on door subs or put a sub in trunk? dont want it to be vibrating and sound like dog **** though ! what do you guys reccomend

#2 ·
I went with low profile 8" subs in the doors and a custom enclosure with 2 x 12" in the trunk

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

#4 ·
No rattle. I think when I first put them in the plastic cage around the trunk release mechanism had some rattle. So sticky velcro round the edges did the trick

#5 ·
Even with the Shelby door subs, you will never get really good quality bass due to the lack of air volume. They are really meant to be filler speakers for sound depth. A trunk sub is needed, and a good quality set up won't rattle at all. However, anything else in the car can vibrate enough to rattle with enough bass or volume. On my 2013 GT /CS with the shaker pro system, I replaced the factory trunk sub and amp with good aftermarket components (pics and details posted in a different post here). It's only a single 10" sub yet at only moderate volume my rear view mirror will vibrate and rattle A LOT. Now I just need time to replace the rest of my speakers so that my mids and highs sound as good and I might just end up with a decent system:frown:

#6 ·
Take out the rear speakers and leave them out. That will bring in more bass to your car...

As for the 8" midbass, you will have to cut out a nice hole in the back of the door panel where the 8" speaker is at so it can move more air...

Dynamat the door and door panel very good and also the trunk..

I know this because I have done it and I have been doing car audio for a long time..

#7 ·
The factory channel with the shaker system is really not too bad. I use it for mid bass with an 8 inch sub. Used a heat gun to press shape the enclosure.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.