Ford Mustang Forum banner

new radio install

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  hobbie1 
#1 ·
just got a new radio installed for my 2013 but it is on the lower part of my dash i feel likes its kind of pointless if i have to look down that far to use navigation are there any dash kits that make it so the radio is on the top section of the dash kit? could i just get the stock navigation unit/knobs and fit in the new radio?

#2 ·
A picture would help us with our opinions/reply. Thanks.

#4 ·
Based on what I've seen on the internet, its possible. Try tying " 2013 Mustang aftermarket Stereo install images," in your web browser This will take you to a page where you an scroll through pictures of what others have done. I noticed one setup by ADS, called the Meastro Dash Kit. There were others. Good luck in your search.

#5 ·
I just tried to install the Raxiom unit from American Muscle. Got it installed but started to have some very weird problems after about an hour of operation. Display locked up and started acting real slow. Anyway I've sent it back as I'm pretty sure it is defective. Here is the deal - if you move the unit to the top you may need to reposition your sync module and your climate control module. You should have seen them when you did this install.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.