Ford Mustang Forum banner

Just purchased

639 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  vraha2010 
#1 ·
Hello,

I had been looking for a 1965 convertible for a quite a while now and a couple had slipped through my hands. I recently purchased an Ivy Green convertible with a tan interior. The car belonged to a family friend who bought the car brand new, so I will be the second owner. It still has the original keys and window sticker.

The options listed on the sticker are:

Base 289 2V V8 engine
Cruise O Matic
Limited Slip Differential
Backup lights
Tinted Windshield
Deluxe Seat Belts Front
Visibility Group
Heavy Duty Battery
Special Handling Package
695 x 14 WSW Tires

My question would be do any of these options or combinations add to the value? Also, does the fact that it is a one owner car add to the value?

Thank you!

See less See more
#2 ·
I've been buying and selling Mustangs since 1969. Based on real world experience, not conjecture, or what you might want to hear, your car just has the base V-8 engine, the other options only add slightly to the value, less than 10%. If your car was A code GT, or a K code GT, then these other options would matter more to an informed buyer. Of course you can always look for an in-informed buyer, and tout your option list to him or her.

What matters most, is first the originality of the car, and secondly, the condition. To preserve the value you must replace any parts with NOS (new old stock) or good used Ford manufactured replacement parts. Reproduction Parts made in China are going to bring the value down. You might want to monitor the Concours forum for an informed overview of how to maintain the value of your car.
ConcoursMustang Forums - Index

Z

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.