what is my mustang worth? - Ford Mustang Forum
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-04-2008 Thread Starter
Classic Member
what is my mustang worth?

I have a 1971 Mach 1 that I (unfortunately) have to sell. It's had a good restoration, not perfect as I wanted to be able to actually enjoy driving the car! It's ford red with black striping. Plain hood, beauty rims, 3 speed on the floor. It originally came with a 302 but had no motor when I bought it so my (ex) husband put a 351w in it. It runs great but smokes. I've been told it's probably the oil seals(?). The interior is good to excellent...all original. The body needs some work on the bottom of the rear quarter. Other than that I'd say the body is in good to very good condition. I've owned the car since 1986 and have taken care of it but haven't driven it much in the last 7 years or so. I start it up and let it run regularly and keep it clean inside and out. Since my husband I split up I really can't afford to put the money into fixing the body and motor so I would probably sell it as. Any help you guys could give me as to an asking price would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-05-2008
BOSS Member
Classic Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member
7-9 thousand probably depending on engine/body work.

In an interstellar burst, I'm back to save the universe.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-05-2008
PONY Member
Mustang II Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member
I'd say it depends on if it has alot of rot or bondo but it is probably worth about 5-8k. It isn't a big block or cleveland engined car and it only has a 3 speed in it-most people like a 4 speed. It is a Mach 1 though and should attract a lot of potential buyers. My friend has a 1971 mach 1 with a 4 speed and the 351 cobrajet in it and he'd be lucky if he got 9-10k for his and his body is probably an 8.5 on a 1-10 scale.
Sponsored Links
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page