Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Engine Bore and Manual Question

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  bradsalex 
#1 ·
I have a '67 coupe with the 200 straight 6, I just had it bored 0.040 to get rid of the wear in the cylinder walls. What does that make the engine now? Is there a website that has conversions for this. I tried searching but came up with nothing.

Second, I am now in the process of putting the motor back together. I cannot find a manual for the Ford 200 or the '67 with the 200. They make the '67 with the V8's but not for the 200. I found a post a long time ago when I first came on here about where to get manuals but didn't save it and now I can't find it again. Any help would be great.

#2 ·
With the disclaimer that I don't know anything about engines (but I love math problems!) it looks like you gained about 4 cubic inches.

Volume of a cylinder is pi * radius squared * height. I looked up the bore and stroke on the 200ci I-6, and they're 3.68 and 3.126, respectively. So:

6 cylinders * pi * (3.68/2)^2 * 3.126 = 199.5ci (original)

6 cylinders * pi * ((3.68 + 0.040)/2)^2 * 3.126 = 203.85ci (bored)

Reference for bore and stroke:

http://www.mustangmonthly.com/techarticles/173_0312_inline_six_cylinder_performance_guide/index.html

In 1964, Ford pumped up the bore and stroke to arrive at 200 ci. The 200's bore was 3.68 inches, with a 3.126-inch stroke.

#3 ·
Smoke,

Thank you for the formula for the engine.

Now to answer my own question about the manual. I found a great manual called the Falcon 6 Performance Handbook which seems to have everything I need for the rebuilding of my engine. This book covers the ford 155-250 so it's perfect for my needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.