Value of my mom's 1969 Mustang Convertible - Ford Mustang Forum
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-11-2011 Thread Starter
PONY Member
Classic Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member
Value of my mom's 1969 Mustang Convertible

so. i need some input on the value of my 69.

i will post a bunch of pics this weekend. but here is what it is.

a drum brake, 2V 302 automatic mustang. it was pearl jade(i think that is what the dark green was called) silver jade? anyway.... it had black vinyl interior, black top and the split window.

now? the originial interior was painted white (very poorly) and the ribbed inserts were replaced with blue cloth. the carpet was replaced with some blue low quality stuff. the door panels and the interior quarters were also painted white and there is a decent white top. the interior was painted about 4 shades of different whites.

the dash lights have not worked since the early 80's, the front fenders are only bolted on with 3 bolts each. the originial engine is gone, and it has some late model 302 with an edelbrock intake and a carter afb (it might be the edelbrock tagged version).

the paint is a decade old, the top pump does not work, and the drivers door does not open from the outside currently. the brakes have some issue (i decided to do the granada conversion before i drive it again so it will stop marginally better)

all of the trim is dinged, the engine is out and the hood has layers of bondo popping off.

my money is i have a car that is worth in the neighborhood of $3500 or so. if there is no frame rust....

i will post pics later, there might be a couple of my profile. it truly is good from a far, but far from a good.

and here is the punchline... the Ex is claiming $25,000 value! i have never been given title, and i am going to just put it back the way i found it and i am returning it to my mother so they can sell it for bills. just to keep her from using it against me...

but i would like some input on actual value, and if anyone is reasonably close to northern Colorado that could give me a value that would stand in court, i would pay for an appraisal.

Sponsored Links
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-11-2011 Thread Starter
PONY Member
Classic Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member
one more thing...

i had been planning on paying my parents $5000 for it, but if it is going to mean paying them $5000 then her some rediculous sum so she gets half the value, then i will go with plan A and give it back to them to sell...
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-11-2011
S197 Member
WOW! Sounds like it needs ALOT of work!
A car is worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it.
With all the things that need "Fixing" to get it in original condition, I would say that it's worth between $500.00 and $1,000.00 ... Tops. Now I haven't seen any picture posts,
But from your description, I would think it is worth no more then that, of course because of the condition and it would take alot of dough to get it in mint condition again.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-11-2011
V6 Member
S197 Member
Put it on ebay with a tremendously high reserve and then start the bidding at $100 and see where it goes.

That will tell you what the market thinks it's worth.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-11-2011
Classic Member
Hmmm... It sounds as if it could be nice..... after a restoration.
If the car is real solid, and without to much rust? i think you may be on target, with your $3500. What I don't understand, is if you've not payed any money, to your Mom, and the car is not legally yours at this time, than how would your Ex, be entitled to any of it's value? I say move it back to your folks house, and then decide if you have the means, and the motivation, for this kind of project, and to heck, with your Ex!

'70 Fastback project

'68 J code, 4 speed
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-14-2011
GT Member
Classic Member
Well I can assure you the "Ex" whomever's it is.... is well dead wrong. From your description I'd say 1500-2000.00 maybe. Without the original engine... and what sounds like a complete restoration ....I may even be high

"After all ......looks ARE important"

1967 Diamond Blue Convertible all original survivor
bout to go through reconditioning!!! yea!
1971 Mach I: SOLD!!! now the proud owner of a 68 Sport Satellite
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-15-2011 Thread Starter
PONY Member
Classic Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member
thanks for the input guys! i am glad we are all in the same neighborhood. i may do the eBay thing just for grins. she is just using this to balance the debt books.

here is the car. and i have basically given it back to my mother. sigh... one more thing she has cost me. ahh well. i still have my health!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	the Vert1.JPG
Views:	604
Size:	14.8 KB
ID:	124758   Click image for larger version

Name:	theVert2.JPG
Views:	452
Size:	6.4 KB
ID:	124759  
Sponsored Links

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page