Ford Mustang Forum banner

1966 Mustang Coupe Resto project / SparkyGT

6K views 25 replies 13 participants last post by  77crash77 
#1 ·
Car almost was done for, buddy did up the bodywork for me, so its going to be back on the road again.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
starting to tear into it, and sure enough it gets worse than we figured.

Attachments

#12 ·
Hey Sparky, what was your planned completion date when you started? I see you are well over a year. I started mine with a 6 month deadline for power tour and just wondered if that was too aggressive? I only work on it 1 day a week but I do not need all that metal work.

#17 ·
Hey all, sorry for not updating, here is a update of where i left off, i have the car at home, but just started getting in to some suspension, then have had some major back problems, so am hoping to start piddling around this winter some.

In the booth

#19 ·
Also have to go in it

-347 crate long block
-AFR heads
-Trick flow roller cam

Unisteer rack n pinion
power disc brake conversion
tilt steering
older ford 9" narrowest one that fits these cars, same diameter tubes from center to flanges, might have been out of a old t-bird

Need to figure out rims most likely 17"

NEEDS
-c4 and converter
-seats, not sure stock or recovered 66, or some later model years 71

#20 ·
Love the color. Looks similar to my Vista Blue 06GT.

#24 ·
Nice car. Just getting around to prep working on my inherited (from grandfather) 65 mustang. I plan on getting it back running with efi/overdrive (picked up a donor 90 mustang) before I concern myself with the bodywork... What's the plans for suspension/wheels, unless I missed it up there?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.