Ford Mustang Forum banner

66 Coupe Value

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  B.Cooper 
#1 ·
Hi everyone,
I've been a long time mustang guy but I was hoping I could get your opinions on the value of a car. I'm looking at 1966 Coupe, Inline 200, 3 speed manual, front disc conversion, new rear drums, 5 lug conversion, a little rust in the trunk pan.

I'm specifically looking for an inline set up because I have a fully built Clifford performance inline 200 set up with 300 ish hp and 400lbs torque from a previous project that went south that I want to drop in it. So a bunch of those upgrades are ones I would have made any way. I know the I6 models don't hold a lot of value but considering the upgrades done what do you think a good purchase price would be?

Any suggestions are much appreciated!

CP

#3 ·
its really region dependent.......a nice driver type V8 typically goes in SoCal for $8-15K, the closer to showroom condition can be up to the $25k mark (coupes)....6's typically can run about $3-6K less...unless you are talking a factory convertible.....then I have seen bare tired shells with the top assembly go for $3k without a sneeze!

#5 ·
Thanks for the input guys. Its a Midwest car. Its in Indiana. Its been a while since I bought my last mustang so I know prices are skewed now and inflated at times by people thinking their care is rare. I would consider it in "good condition" definitely better than "fair" aside from a little trunk rust repair. I didn't know if considering the upgrades if it would drastically drive the price up. They are asking 7k for it but my guess would have been 6k on the high end. I'm really interested in the car, specifically the set up so I'm gonna try and work him on price. Thanks for the help!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.