Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

25 spline slip yoke

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  grdbrg 
#1 ·
I have bought a 1966 mustang with a 4spd top loader trans. which is not original to the car, after some checking the trans is a1964 heh-p mustang with the 25 spline output shaft (which was only used for very short period of time) . So I am looking for help finding a 25 spline slip yoke for my drive shaft but there some dimensions that have to be held. (the snout needs to be 1&1/2 inches in diameter and 8inches long from the end of snout to center of the u-joint bearing cap holes. the bearing caps are one inch diameter with inside 'c' clips) Thanks for any Help Walt

#2 ·
I have a 25 spline HEH-P also. I have a late 80's 2WD Ranger yoke that fits on the 25 spline shaft but the barrel size for the Ranger yoke is 1.375". My 67 Mustang 28 spline yoke with a barrel diameter of 1.5" seems to fit the Toploader bushing in the tail section of the unit I have. The splines of the Ranger yoke extend the entire length of the barrel but the 28 spline yoke from my 67 Mustang 3 speed has the splines start 2" or more down in the barrel. I have read that the 25 spline Mustang yoke has the splines start about 2.75" down in the barrel. The Ranger 25 Spline yoke is 6.5" to the center of the u-joint and was taken off an aluminum drive shaft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.