B&M 174 roots blower, are they reliable? - Ford Mustang Forum
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-24-2010 Thread Starter
Made Member
Classic Member
B&M 174 roots blower, are they reliable?

So i found this blower on craigslist for a grand and i'm really thinking about buying it for my stock 302 and running a few pounds.
what can you guys tell me about these blowers. Are they reliable? are they cheaply built or are there and tricks or issues with them?
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-24-2010
Top Dog
Its a roots the earliest type of blower and is still used today all top fuel cars run one but bigger.A roots is a great blower if you want torque at a low rpm the whine at high rpms can get anoyying on a long trip.I have ran one over 10 years as long as you replace the gear oil in it like you should they run a long time.For a grand as long as its all there i would buy it brand new they are like 3 grand. If its damaged Blower Drive Service: We Deliver Horse Power! - Blower Drive Systems, Blower Kits, Blower Cams, Custom Carb Service can rebuild it for you.
Sponsored Links
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page