1964 1/2 Mustang VIN data - Ford Mustang Forum

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 220 (permalink) Old 02-02-2011 Thread Starter
SHELBY GT 350 Member
Classic Member

1964 1/2 Mustang VIN data

Hello. Here is the data on 64 1/2 Dearborn cars that I've been collecting. If you have an early Dearborn car, and don't have an original door tag on it, just scroll down the list until you find a batch of cars with sequential numbers ( the last six digits) that are close to yours, and that will give you a good idea of about when your car was supposed to have been built. As you will notice, the cars aren't in strict sequence, and what you are doing is making a guess, based on when other cars were built. Again, it is merely an estimate that you are making, but, this list will give you the information to make the best guess possible. And, who knows? Maybe your car is actually on the list. Probably not, but, it never hurts to check. I would like to thank Pete Bush for going through the trouble of providing data from his copy of the Mustang Production Guide, Vol I to me. This increased my data by nearly 40%, which was a huge help. I really, really appreciate his doing that for me.
Please feel free to download this, print it, link to it, whatever you want to do, as long as you don't try to charge anyone anything for the information. I'm throwing it out there for free, and I expect everyone else to do the same. Life is a team sport. I'll be posting the rest of the 65/66 VIN data that I have as I type it into a sensible, readable format.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf Dearborn early 65.pdf (1.42 MB, 2896 views)
newbie1992 likes this.

Last edited by pcfrisch; 02-05-2011 at 07:45 PM. Reason: Request by poster
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Snackmaster

Great info... thanks Veronica!

PONY Member
2.3L Member
Classic Member
S197 Member

Garage
Thank you Veronica for the info and all you do here to make this forum work.

post #4 of 220 (permalink) Old 02-06-2011 Thread Starter
SHELBY GT 350 Member
Classic Member

Hi again. Here is the 64 1/2 San Jose stuff. There aren't many cars listed here, but, they were only building what we call 64 1/2s for like a month at San Jose.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Early 65 San Jose.pdf (134.3 KB, 1532 views)
GT Member
Classic Member

Thanks Veronica. My 5R08U100420 was not on the list, but just out of curiosity have you or anyone else seen a San Jose car with a lower VIN that is still being driven?

1964.5 convertible and a 2012 Sterling Grey GT. 100 hp. and 412 hp. Go Bama, Roll Tide! 2015 National Champions! Clemson put up one heck of a fight!
Rookie

Hello Veronica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veronica View Post
Hello. Here is the data on 64 1/2 Dearborn cars that I've been collecting. If you have an early Dearborn car, and don't have an original door tag on it, just scroll down the list until you find a batch of cars with sequential numbers ( the last six digits) that are close to yours, and that will give you a good idea of about when your car was supposed to have been built. As you will notice, the cars aren't in strict sequence, and what you are doing is making a guess, based on when other cars were built. Again, it is merely an estimate that you are making, but, this list will give you the information to make the best guess possible. And, who knows? Maybe your car is actually on the list. Probably not, but, it never hurts to check. I would like to thank Pete Bush for going through the trouble of providing data from his copy of the Mustang Production Guide, Vol I to me. This increased my data by nearly 40%, which was a huge help. I really, really appreciate his doing that for me.
Please feel free to download this, print it, link to it, whatever you want to do, as long as you don't try to charge anyone anything for the information. I'm throwing it out there for free, and I expect everyone else to do the same. Life is a team sport. I'll be posting the rest of the 65/66 VIN data that I have as I type it into a sensible, readable format.
Hello Veronica,
I lost any words....just: You are GREAT Veronica !
May You provide me what´s the origin of this Dearborn and San Jose lists? It was copy of some FoMoCo evidence?
What a supprise, when I have find my previous ´64 Mustang VIN number at the Dearborn list. I leave this unicorn (bought from the Mrs.Linda Madelyne Kaake, from Imlay City, MI ) to my great local Mustang friend about one year ago.
Now I cry...:kooky: .
However, I have find some curiosity:
That ´64 Mustang was # 5F07F121394.
I have found some record of this car at the list...what the puzzle it is: At the Dearborn list stay: 5F07D121394.
I guess cant exist two Mustangs with the same serial number ...??? Do You have any explanation?
And the curiosity follow with Axle and Trans codes. The list say different than was stamped at the original door VIN tag - please check the attached photos.
Thank You for any explanation.
Cheers,
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	S-64-1.jpg
Views:	6474
Size:	72.0 KB
ID:	122742   Click image for larger version

Name:	S-64-2.jpg
Views:	1526
Size:	81.6 KB
ID:	122743   Click image for larger version

Name:	S-64-3.jpg
Views:	1175
Size:	87.8 KB
ID:	122744   Click image for larger version

Name:	S-64-5.jpg
Views:	1018
Size:	132.0 KB
ID:	122745   Click image for larger version

Name:	S-64-4.jpg
Views:	10425
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	122746  

Peto G. ( www,ClassicMustang.sk )
´64 Coupe (serial No.100837),
´67 Convertible (C-code, C4, DeLuxe int.)
´68 Coupe GT/CS (T-code, M3)
´72 Mach1 H.O. (R-code, M4)
´79 PaceCar (original)
post #7 of 220 (permalink) Old 02-20-2011 Thread Starter
SHELBY GT 350 Member
Classic Member

Hello. The information is a collection from a bunch of different places, none of which are straight from Ford. :nogrinner. Obviously, that original door tag and VIN stamping on the car is correct, and someone gave their car a promotion. I will fix the list to reflect this. Sometimes people don't tell the truth. And, thank you very much for pointing this out to me.
Rookie

Wow. I didn't know data still existed for these cars...I thought a fire at Ford wiped out all the 64-66 records.
Apprentice
Classic Member

Here's one more that is not on your list. My 64 1/2 Dearborn coupe, VIN 5F07F182547 with a build date of 30F and DSO of 26. Tranny 1 and axle 1. Great work on putting the list together!!!!!!
Rookie

I'm trying to learn about my Vin and being it's a 64.5 its kind of a dead end. From the Dearborn list and the San Jose I get nothing. My first 5 numbers/letters are 5FO7V abd and it's the V that seems to not show up. Any help? I've owned the car since '71. Father sold it new to the previous owner. I know the car very well except for the Vin.

Fast food isn't worth waiting for.
post #11 of 220 (permalink) Old 02-23-2011 Thread Starter
SHELBY GT 350 Member
Classic Member

Hello. There was no 'V' used for the fifth digit. But, V is very similar to U.
Rookie

Took the letters/numbers off the title. I never compared the 2. I will go and check the car this am. Thanks much.

Rookie

I've got a problem now, what rhymes with V? D Apparently when the car was licensed when I bought it in June 1971 someone inserted V not D. Sound the same and I wouldn't have a clue on how it happened. I was 16 so more than likely my father licensed it although it's in my name. I still have the original title from '71. Looks like I'll be talking to the DMV pretty soon. Sorry for the confusion.

post #14 of 220 (permalink) Old 02-24-2011 Thread Starter
SHELBY GT 350 Member
Classic Member

Hi again. Trying to get something done through the DMV is always a lot of fun.
Rookie

Ashamed to admit I've owned the car since June of '71 and this Vin number mistake first was notice now. All is going to be ok, talked with DOT and they are sending out a form to be filled out by an officer and sent back to DOT with verification from officer of actual number verses number on title. Seems simple enough. Thanks for your help here. I think I'll go and stick my head in the sand now in shame.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page