Originally Posted by purple horse
Hey Dodestang, I was wondering what size gearset the 4r70w were. Do you think Lentech might have done this to their AOD Street Terminator Plus automatics? Also, can I still utilize the T.V. cable with the AODE internal parts with out having to put in a control module? I already have an existing overdrive delete solenoid on this AOD I am planning on rebuilding. On this up coming rebuild do you think I should use the one piece input shaft and what type of clutches should I use and how many? Is the TCI AOD valve body any good? Have had any experience with J.W. products for automatic transmissions? I am trying to see what the best internal components would be best for my AOD that will give me durability and excellent shifting. By the way did you custom build that AOD yourself or did you have a trans
shop build it?
1. Gearset: 2.84 : 1 1.55 : 1 1.00 : 1 0.70 : 1
2. Lentech gearset? I dunno....you can always pick up the phone and ask...I'm sure they would build you what ever you wanted though.
3. TV Cable and AODE internals are required...you get all the plusses of an AODE in an AOD case so you need to run a tv cable and not worry about the control module.
4. YES if you have a high power application you MUST use the one peice input shaft this is where one of the primary weaknesses is.
5. I believe i have 8 red eagle clutches in the direct clutch drum
6. TCI valve body - I don't know
JW products - never heard of them, no experiences to share
7. I bought my AOD built, broke it, paid for a rebuild, broke it again, and then rebuilt again. The first break was related to a bad governor valve installed by the original builder. The second break was related to a poor valve body modification made by the original builder. I have not had a problem now that all the crap that the original builder used has been replaced.