Allright guys and gals. This is your chance to combine all the years of experience to make a really useful thread, to join the many other great threads on this site!
I'm getting ready to replace my inline 6 with a 5.0 HO EFI that came out of a '94 Stang. I promise to share all of my experience (step by step) right here in this thread if you guys will help me along. :hihi: So....what do I do first?
Some of my many questions are:
1. How should I prep the car?
2. Do I need to replace the suspension? (please say no, or at least not right away)
3. Will the stock radiator be sufficient?
4. What's a good automatic transmission to put behind it?
5. What rear end do I need to put in?
6. Where can I get EFI brains for an automatic (it came with manual brains)?
Please check out my signature to see what I've already done to the car just to get it driveable. Bad planning on my part, I know,
but I'll get the 4-lugs changed to 5-lugs eventually. My buddy told me that was an "eventually" task, that I shouldn't have any problems as long as I don't go to the drag strip with it.
7. Where do I sell the stuff I don't need anymore?