Ford Mustang Forum banner

ford 351 v8 5.8L

1K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  semperfido 
#1 ·
hi guys, I'am looking for the 3d drawings of the engine block 351 windsor or cleveland v8 5.8L .

Can someone help me with these drawings? I can't find these drawing myself....

#2 ·
Curious, why do you need these 3D models? Are you an engineering student? I suspect that you'll have to contact Ford directly and if they have them, they may not be so open to giving them up (proprietary information and intellectual property issues).

Is your question more elementary? Are you trying to solve a problem with your car? Ask a direct question and the forum will be happy to help.

#5 ·
I had ordered some new brake cylinders for my mustang, they came with all different sizes of bleeders, metric and sae.
So I had fun scooting around under the car trying to bleed the brakes hoping I had the right size wrench in my pocket.
Also got some bolts mixed up which is no fun when you are trying to put something back together.

#9 ·
Yea, I've had the same problem, the most recent being with a power steering hose, documented in past thread. One end was metric, the other English. I've also had the same problem you describe, and really wish companies wouldn't mix metric and English on the same parts. Thanks for clarifying.

#6 ·
I rebuilt two 1965 Harley Davidson Sprints years ago. For those of you who don't know, they were originally made in Italy... H-D bought the company (Aermacchi) on Lake Varese in Italy and then sent their Sportster engineers over to "Americanize" the Italian company's leading one-lunger bike. When I was restoring these bikes, I had the original H-D parts and service manuals... much of the listed hardware was incorrect. I had BOTH metric and SAE hardware to deal with on a single bike. Not only that, I also had to deal with THREE different metric thread pitches (fine, medium, and coarse where today, it's mostly fine and course). I had to custom make many parts.

#8 ·
Good luck getting a drawing for a single part, never mind an engine. I get CAD drawings for building components routinely (my career), but it's rare to get even basic measurements of components from suppliers for my hobby.

#10 ·
It would be nice if you told us the reason you want 3D models/drawings.

If it's for fit, you may need to know the 351 (5.8) is about 1-3/4" taller and wider than a 302 (5.0).
If it is for height (underhood), you can change to lower height Explorer upper Plenum.

As far as 3D, you could reverse engineer the 3D models in SolidWorks for the basic shape, machined faces, and bolt hole locations.

First thing I would suggest is that you call a lot of Automotive Machine Shops. They machine engine blocks off the factory block specs,
and may have a lot of good info, or even some references to go to online.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.