Ford Mustang Forum banner

Battery tie down

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  walskyrl 
#1 ·
My 66 coupe has the standard right hand side assembly for the vpbattery tie down. But all the batteries I can find have the "lip" on the front! How are you securing your battery ?!?

#3 ·
The battery in my '66 was there when I got the car, but it has the lip on the radiator end. I use the foot clamp that came with the new battery tray I installed. Check to see what type of battery you have, it may not be the correct one. And be careful of the positive post being so close to the inner wall. There is supposed to be a rubber pad there.

#7 ·
++1 on the battery conversion bar! My '66 came with a bungee cord holding the battery down. One day, it broke. My battery slid over into the fan, which cut open the case and begin spraying acid all over my engine bay. Not fun! I bought both a new battery tray and the conversion bar and can now keep modern batteries tight!

#8 ·
Definitely get the '67 tie down bar kit for the '66 tray. It locks the battery down perfectly (I have an Optima). :laugh2:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.