Ford Mustang Forum banner

Ford Mustang Fog Light LED Bulbs! Plug & Play Install! See Pics! USA Made SLF!

30K views 62 replies 14 participants last post by  Diode Dynamics 
#1 · (Edited)

Mustang Fog Light LED Bulbs

Diode Dynamics carries LED bulbs for replacement of your Ford Mustang's fog lights in all major sizes. They are available in HP, XP, and SLF models. This will make your Mustang's fog lights a nice bright white, to match OEM-equipped HIDs! Just simple plug and play, replace the bulb and you are good to go!

Diode Dynamics offers the brightest, highest-quality bulbs on the market. These LED bulbs are designed by our engineering team here in St. Louis, and every bulb carries with it a three-year limited warranty.

We also offer several bulb models:
  • HP48: Slightly lower brightness than OEM bulbs, but still provides the crisp white, modern color of LEDs.
  • XP80: Considerably brighter than OEM. Will provide usable light output
  • SLF: Brightest Option! Street Legal Output! Will provide more usable light output than stock! USA Made!

These bulbs are made up of a quality plastic connector to slide right into the plug, as well as high durability terminals. A load resistor is embedded to prevent blowing the LEDs from voltage surge, and a diode is implanted to protect the LEDs from reverse polarity. The LED is wired for 12V operation, the kind found on all vehicles.

Included in your order is TWO BULBS (to fit your Ford Mustang).

Diode Dynamics' products come with a 30-day satisfaction guarantee and a 3-year limited warranty.

Diode Dynamics: Fog Light LEDs for 1994-2004 Ford Mustang

Diode Dynamics: Fog Light LEDs for 2002-2012 Ford Mustang GT

Diode Dynamics: Fog Light LEDs for 2003-2004 Ford SVT Cobra

Diode Dynamics: Fog Light LEDs for 2007-2014 Ford Shelby GT500

***We have bulbs for GT500/Roush/Steeda/Saleen/California Special/Pony Package Fog Lights!!***

Any questions, feel free to ask via email (contact@diodedynamics.com), Post or shoot us a PM!

*PM us for the free-shipping code* (U.S. forum members only)

Thanks,
Nick C.

See less See more
1 4
This post has been deleted
#2 ·
I will get a picture of demonstrating the light output up here shortly. Using my own 2007 GT as an example :gringreen

If you are looking for more output than factory, I'd recommend our HID fog light kit. It's the brightest option for your fog lights and the installation is simple and straightforward.

-Nick C.

#3 ·
WOW This is exactly what I wanted. I also see you do trunk and interior lights...Looks like great prices too. Christmas list here I come! is there a picture of the front of a 2013 with the replacement LED white fog lamps in?

#5 · (Edited)
More light output promise re low beam lights

Yes but, on low beams (properly aimed)... will the guy coming towards me be cursing me for using an HID or LED setup in a reflector-type housing? I see lots of offensive aftermarket installs out there on the road these days (and nights)! Want to see projections on a wall first... How about it? I expect all of that light to be down on the road, and below the oncoming guys radiator height. Thanks

Er, umm... Sorry fellas. This response to an 'e' I received was for another lighting type. That said, I still wanna see light projections demo'ed on walls for any of these products before I buy into them.

#8 ·
Your halos are not the same as fog light bulbs. First, they are much brighter in total output since it's such a big ring. This is total light output. They also appear brighter because you are looking directly at the source of light. A projector housing is going to focus the light, so the projector itself will not appear to be bright... this holds true for regular projector headlights, just look at some cars on the road.

We do not recommend using LED fog bulbs if you are trying to achieve an increase in brightness, as stated in the product description. If you're looking for brightness, I'd recommend an HID kit.

It seems quite unfair to compare a large ring of forward-facing LEDs to a compact bulb in a projector housing. Let me know if you'd like to exchange the bulbs for an HID kit as it sounds like you're interested in maximum brightness.

Thanks,
Paul

#9 ·
brightness

I am pleased with the white color and that they complement the halos. As I stated that their only function are day run lights as I have for lights dedicated for fog conditions. I thought they would be as bright as the factory ( as stated 2X = factory ) but I wish to report that they are not.

#10 ·
Why take fog lights and make them functionally useless on 10-12 mustangs. there are plenty of uses for leds but fog lights is not one of them.

#23 ·
Would anyone be able to help me find gt fog light bulbs?
Im looking for deep/gold yellow lights under 3000k

Reactions: Diode Dynamics
#25 ·
Thanks for helping me out but ive seen many people on the road and online install the 3000k hid's..they do look nice but my problem is that im searching for Amber-gold yellow for my setup.
Here is a picture for my current lights:

Attachments

#26 ·
You might get a more golden yellow look with some aftermarket halogen bulbs and the yellow tinted cover?

The only options we have for yellow is 3000K and our RGB Multicolor Fog light LED that can be changed to any color. The RGB LED won't give you nearly as much usable output, but it's great for shows

Nick C.

#27 ·
Kudos for having posted the 'against-the-wall' illumination comparison photos with using OEM/stock reflector-type lens: ie Stock vs your XML2 bulbs (fog lamps). I am favourably impressed and thanks for doing this.

At a risk of being 'pushy', might you consider doing the same with your entire lineup of bulbs, compared in the same manner, each-against-the-other?

#29 ·
Nick C, I have a 2013 V6 with the 'Tech Package'. It came with little round projector H11 fogs in the lower fascia instead of the bigger ones in the grill like a GT. I attache a picture example.

I see that the XML2's require and extra 2 inches behind the plug. To your knowledge, has anyone installed the XML2's in this application without any modification being needed?

Attachments

#31 ·
#33 ·
#34 ·
Already have an HID Halo headlight conversion, however I'm still stuck with the classic candle burn white color on my foglights. Just haven't seen many options for the pony package foglights, which is a bummer, an LED set for those would be a nice addition. As in one that doesn't require the full housing replacement, I'm quite fond of the style of the silver/chrome bars around the lights.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.