what will i need to run 9s with the items i have ? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 6 Days Ago Thread Starter
Rookie

what will i need to run 9s with the items i have ?

how can i get my car to run 9s? i have a 93 mustang stock block, victor jr intake,780 carb, afr 225 renegade heads, coated pistons,5500 stall, c4 tranny reverse manual valve body, 10 inch d.o.t. slicks, not sure on cam specs...can anyone help me figure out what i should do to get my car in the 9s

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 6 Days Ago
MACH I Member

Sorry, but way too much information is missing

:hello:
Member: Never trust a person over 40 who drives a Chevy club
Flatheads ain't so bad!
Certified backyard mechanic I & II
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 2 Days Ago
Rookie

TIRES TIRES TIRES If you can't put it down the numbers stay up, plain and simple Seeing that your running 10 DOT's I am assuming that you are at class limit. You don't mention your suspension set up. Are you getting the correct weight transfer out of the hole? with the C4 limiting your gear choice ,what rear ratio did you pick? are you coming out to hot? Fox body cars were always know at the track for the "Top end charge" or come from behind wins. Are you hitting top end before the end of the 1/4 mile? Are you still accelerating at the end? Lots of options on exactly where to reach top end on a 1/4 mile car. but everyone will agree its well before the finish line. So is your gear set right? Posting your 60 ft times your reaction times your top speed and current ET will help us help you.

I've seen more of less stock fox bodies with 10.5's run in the low 10"s using just a bottle or a big blower, running a 3.50 gear set, but those guys came out of the hole at 2800 rpm or so and the tires didn't spin just squeak a bit, and most grabbed second before the 60 ft mark, and reach for third gear before the red line, the power curves is lower than you think! You really had to row those cars through the 1/4 mile!!

I'D RATHER GO SLOW THAN NOT GO AT ALL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page