Go Back   Ford Mustang Forums > Racing > Drag Racing

Welcome to our Mustang forums where Mustangers come together to hang out, discuss and enjoy their favorite Mustang hobby with fellow Mustang enthusiasts. We invite everyone to read, post, and enjoy our Mustang forum as well as the many other sections of our site.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest. By joining our community you gain access to post topics, communicate with members, upload your photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free so why wait, join our Mustang community today! If you have any problems with registration or your account login, please contact support.

Drag Racing Forum

Drag Racing | Road Racing | Drift Racing | Timeslips | Power Adders | Mustang Tech 

Reply   Post New Thread
Unread 10-11-2013   #1 (permalink)
EtnRicers5.0 is offline PONY Member

EtnRicers5.0's Country Flag
Rochester   New York
EtnRicers5.0 is on a distinguished road
Default finally met my 2013 ET goal!

Im happy to say that I have finally reached my goal for 2013! I went into 2013 with a car that ran a best of 13.51@106mph(once in the 50's and at 106) and consistently ran 13.70's@103mph, I then made it my goal to run 12.50's this 2013 season without dumping money into the motor. Well, tonight I went to my home track, Empire Dragway here in Leicester, New York, drove the car 40 miles from work to the track, fresh off the drive from work, she ran 12.56@112mph, backed up by a 12.53@112mph!!! I am freakin stoked! There's no better feeling than giving yourself a goal and then achieving it! It was a lot of hard work and practice, but I got it done! Now coming to the end of the track season here in NY, i have got to set myself another realistic goal for the 2014 season!
1993 Ford Mustang LX 5.0,302, trick flow TW heads, 1.6 RR, Holley systemax intake, 75mm professional products throttle body, C&L 76mm MAF, 19lb injectors, E303 cam, Jacobs ignition, BBK long tube headers, O/R true dual mid pipes, Flowmaster Super 44's, MSD cap n rotor, Ford Racing 4.10 gears, A/C & Smog deletes, Elec. fan, Lakewood 50/50 rear drag shocks, AOD 3000rpm stall, Silverfox VB., BFG DR's

2012 best 1/4 mile time: 13.51@106mph
2013 best 1/4 mile time: 12.53@112mph
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-12-2013   #2 (permalink)
jaja6009 is offline GT Member

jaja6009's Country Flag  View jaja6009's 11 photos
Atlantic City   New Jersey
jaja6009 is on a distinguished road

Congrats! Pretty awesome to get 1 second better! I had a 94 GT 5 speed with similar mods and only got a 13.5 @ 103. I didn't have the longtubes and had 355 instead of 373. What tires are you using?
Full BMR And Steeda Suspension
FRPP Throttlebody
Dynotech Driveshaft
Plus alot more in profile.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Unread 10-12-2013   #3 (permalink)
Sharad is offline Site Sponsor

Sharad's Country Flag
Fort Myers   Florida
Sharad is on a distinguished road

Good Job! I think I remember telling you it would run 12s when we talked about it last year...

Ask me about the discount on UPR Products for AFM members!
Unread 10-12-2013   #4 (permalink)

Rochester   New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaja6009 View Post
Congrats! Pretty awesome to get 1 second better! I had a 94 GT 5 speed with similar mods and only got a 13.5 @ 103. I didn't have the longtubes and had 355 instead of 373. What tires are you using?
I actually run 4.10's now! And last night I was using my little 235/60/15 BFG G-Force drag radials! I dont use them often cause they are very inconsistent, they either dead hook or fry the tires. I usually use my 275/50/15 BFG drag radials cause I never have traction problems with them. Probably goin to a 275/60/15 or 255/60/15 Mickey Thompson next year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharad View Post
Good Job! I think I remember telling you it would run 12s when we talked about it last year...
thanks! And yes you did! I had a lot of people tell me no way 12.50's was doable goin from 13.50-13.70's without adding a lot more power. I proved them wrong! All I did different from last year was 3000rpm stall, Silverfox constant pressure valve body, Weld draglites skinny/wides with drag radials on the back, 4.10 gears, Electric fan, and sct chip with just the BAMA tunes...$0 spent on the motor and dropped 1 full second and picked up 7-9mph!
1993 Ford Mustang LX 5.0,302, trick flow TW heads, 1.6 RR, Holley systemax intake, 75mm professional products throttle body, C&L 76mm MAF, 19lb injectors, E303 cam, Jacobs ignition, BBK long tube headers, O/R true dual mid pipes, Flowmaster Super 44's, MSD cap n rotor, Ford Racing 4.10 gears, A/C & Smog deletes, Elec. fan, Lakewood 50/50 rear drag shocks, AOD 3000rpm stall, Silverfox VB., BFG DR's

Unread 10-14-2013   #5 (permalink)

Sharad's Country Flag
Fort Myers   Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtnRicers5.0 View Post
thanks! And yes you did! I had a lot of people tell me no way 12.50's was doable goin from 13.50-13.70's without adding a lot more power. I proved them wrong! All I did different from last year was 3000rpm stall, Silverfox constant pressure valve body, Weld draglites skinny/wides with drag radials on the back, 4.10 gears, Electric fan, and sct chip with just the BAMA tunes...$0 spent on the motor and dropped 1 full second and picked up 7-9mph!
In my experience, it's budget racing like that with incremental gains spread out over a year which is the most gratifying kind of racing. You've done a great job!

Unread 10-14-2013   #6 (permalink)

Rochester   New York

Quote:
In my experience, it's budget racing like that with incremental gains spread out over a year which is the most gratifying kind of racing. You've done a great job!
thanks! And yeah, it is very good feeling when all the hard work you do to make your car faster and perform better on such a low budget shows results. I have such a low budget throughout the year that it's tough to just buy things that I could really use so me and my father(my wrench man) have to be creative. Springtime is the only time of year I get to drop larger amounts of money on the car which still isnt much when you think of it, but to me its a lot. Now next year, with the help of some UPR products, id love to drop a half a tenth and float around 12.00, but IDK if just suspension will do that for me. All I really have the money for is maybe a K-member, front coilovers, struts, torque box reinforcement plates, and new tires. Id like to get UCA/LCA's, aluminum driveshaft, and a manual rack and pinion too, but all that comes out to about $3k which I definitely will not have the money for, I might have about $1500 to work with or so, so I gotta get whatever will make the biggest improvements to the car and my ET's first. I'm sure you could help me out with what I should get first and knowing my budget.

Unread 10-15-2013   #7 (permalink)
AMShaneLesky is online now Site Sponsor

AMShaneLesky's Country Flag  View AMShaneLesky's HomePage
Malvern,   Pennsylvania
AMShaneLesky is on a distinguished road

Congrats on hitting your goals EtnRicers5.0! 12.5's is an impressive feat for barely any mods. I like how you only tuned the car, but mostly focused on putting the power to the ground, instead of adding more power. That's how you truly find a cars potential.

I'm excited to see what you run in the spring of 2014! I'm sure 12.0's is within reach. Good luck!

Shane
Bama Hotline: 888.257.1770 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST | Sat 10AM-4PM EST
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Unread 10-15-2013   #8 (permalink)

Sharad's Country Flag
Fort Myers   Florida

Quote:
thanks! And yeah, it is very good feeling when all the hard work you do to make your car faster and perform better on such a low budget shows results. I have such a low budget throughout the year that it's tough to just buy things that I could really use so me and my father(my wrench man) have to be creative. Springtime is the only time of year I get to drop larger amounts of money on the car which still isnt much when you think of it, but to me its a lot. Now next year, with the help of some UPR products, id love to drop a half a tenth and float around 12.00, but IDK if just suspension will do that for me. All I really have the money for is maybe a K-member, front coilovers, struts, torque box reinforcement plates, and new tires. Id like to get UCA/LCA's, aluminum driveshaft, and a manual rack and pinion too, but all that comes out to about $3k which I definitely will not have the money for, I might have about $1500 to work with or so, so I gotta get whatever will make the biggest improvements to the car and my ET's first. I'm sure you could help me out with what I should get first and knowing my budget.
You know I'll give you the best deal I can. Just keep up the good work. You're doing great.

Unread 10-15-2013   #9 (permalink)

Rochester   New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky View Post
Congrats on hitting your goals EtnRicers5.0! 12.5's is an impressive feat for barely any mods. I like how you only tuned the car, but mostly focused on putting the power to the ground, instead of adding more power. That's how you truly find a cars potential.

I'm excited to see what you run in the spring of 2014! I'm sure 12.0's is within reach. Good luck!

Shane
thanks a lot! And yep, the only "power" i added was an SCT chip with BAMA tunes and yes, they did help. The race tune alone dropped 2 tenths and added 2mph on my ET so I am a believe that a mail order tune can work, IK a lot of guys dont believe in them. And next year is all suspension for me, no sense making more power if all im gonna do is spin right? Anxious for spring, shopping spree time! :-)

Quote:
You know I'll give you the best deal I can. Just keep up the good work. You're doing great.
You're the man Sharad! And I was hoping you could give me some advice knowing my possible budget and what I wanna do(suspension front and back, k-member, driveshaft, rack n pinion, torque box reinforcment upper/lower), what you think should be the first to do knowing i may only have a $1500ish limit, give or take a couple hundred. I'd love to do all of that in the spring, but I can only do what I can afford and I wanna do what is gonna help my car and show in the ET's most first. What would you do if you were in my shoes?

Unread 10-16-2013   #10 (permalink)

Malvern,   Pennsylvania

Quote:
thanks a lot! And yep, the only "power" i added was an SCT chip with BAMA tunes and yes, they did help. The race tune alone dropped 2 tenths and added 2mph on my ET so I am a believe that a mail order tune can work, IK a lot of guys dont believe in them. And next year is all suspension for me, no sense making more power if all im gonna do is spin right? Anxious for spring, shopping spree time! :-)
EtnRicers5.0,

It always feels good to prove your friends wrong in a bet lol. I think you showed this twice, between your 12.5x pass and email tune!

Again, I love where your heads at with performing well on the track. Not many people have the same mentality. Build up the suspension, launch the car even harder, and say hello to a 12.0 or possibly 11's!

Shane
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Unread 10-17-2013   #11 (permalink)

Rochester   New York

Quote:
EtnRicers5.0,

It always feels good to prove your friends wrong in a bet lol. I think you showed this twice, between your 12.5x pass and email tune!

Again, I love where your heads at with performing well on the track. Not many people have the same mentality. Build up the suspension, launch the car even harder, and say hello to a 12.0 or possibly 11's!

Shane

feels great to prove people wrong! And yeah, at first i just wanted to keep putting all my money into the motor, then I realized that the car aint gonna go anywhere without a good suspension set up so thats the plan next, upgrade the suspension! Id like to go a lil higher stall too with the converter, but suspension first!

Unread 10-17-2013   #12 (permalink)

Malvern,   Pennsylvania

Quote:
feels great to prove people wrong! And yeah, at first i just wanted to keep putting all my money into the motor, then I realized that the car aint gonna go anywhere without a good suspension set up so thats the plan next, upgrade the suspension! Id like to go a lil higher stall too with the converter, but suspension first!
A taller stall would help significantly. How high were you thinking? 3,000rpm?

Again, good luck with your new goals this spring. Congrats on the 2013 season! If there's any parts that I can help you with in the future, feel free to give me a shout. I'd love to assist your goals anyway possible!

Shane
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Unread 10-17-2013   #13 (permalink)

Rochester   New York

Quote:
A taller stall would help significantly. How high were you thinking? 3,000rpm?

Again, good luck with your new goals this spring. Congrats on the 2013 season! If there's any parts that I can help you with in the future, feel free to give me a shout. I'd love to assist your goals anyway possible!

Shane

thanks, i appreciate it! And I put a 3000rpm stall in the car this past spring, I went from 2.10-2.20 60' times at the end of last year to 1.71-1.72's at the end of this year wit the new stall. I'd like to go 3500-4,000 stall at somepoint but right now, Im focusing on suspension. I wanna stay 302 or 306ci too for awhile cause im building my car for a class I race in, but I'd like to get a different cam and different valve springs, then go Carb'd but that's all future plans too.

Unread 10-17-2013   #14 (permalink)

Sharad's Country Flag
Fort Myers   Florida

Quote:
You're the man Sharad! And I was hoping you could give me some advice knowing my possible budget and what I wanna do(suspension front and back, k-member, driveshaft, rack n pinion, torque box reinforcment upper/lower), what you think should be the first to do knowing i may only have a $1500ish limit, give or take a couple hundred. I'd love to do all of that in the spring, but I can only do what I can afford and I wanna do what is gonna help my car and show in the ET's most first. What would you do if you were in my shoes?
Well, the front & rear Pro Series suspension is $1300 before the discount. CC-plates 129, torque boxes $74. I can knock that price down for you. Just let me know!

Unread 10-20-2013   #15 (permalink)

Rochester   New York

Quote:
Well, the front & rear Pro Series suspension is $1300 before the discount. CC-plates 129, torque boxes $74. I can knock that price down for you. Just let me know!

is that would you would do first, the k-member/coil over kit, struts, cc plates, torque boxes, and control arms? I also have to have enough money for new front skinnys and new MT drag radials so there's $400+ in drag radials and $120-$150 in front skinnys. Tires arent a MUST but I bought my weld draglites from a buddy and he put the wrong size front tires on as they're too wide for the 3.5" rims, and I have 2 different sets of BFG drag radials in different sizes but i'd like to try some MT dr's. $1500 is just a guess of what my budget will be.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply   Post New Thread

Mustang Photos
Mustang Links    Top Sites    RSS    Link To Us    Add to Favorites    Archive    Terms of Use    Site Rules    Privacy    Contact    Sponsors    Advertise   
AllFordMustangs is not affiliated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company. ©Copyright 2002-2011 All Auto Enthusiasts Network

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162