Ford Mustang Forum banner

What cars have you beaten?

7K views 26 replies 21 participants last post by  GregS550 
#1 ·
I'd love to know some of the cars you've lined up with and beaten. Please be detailed! currently in my 2002 Mustang Gt 5-speed manual with a CAI, flow masters, and 275 radials I've beaten:
2009 Audi A6 Quattro
2006 Mazda RX8
2014 Chevy Traverse LS
2003 Camaro (can't remember what trim)
2013 Honda civic Si
2005 Chevy Cavalier with mods

#3 ·
My 2001 Slow.6 hasen't beaten anyone lol...granted I have really only raced my brother as I try to not street race. I did do a sloppy highway pull on a 96-98 GT convertible with 3 adults in it and smoked him but I don't count that....

My brothers car is a 2013 Focus ST, at the time he had only a CAI and I was stock. I now have ful bolt ons but he also has a 3in catback and a tune so I'm sure he will still pull on me. I need some 4.10s and 305s in the back badly!! and I need to junk my stupid Dorman intake...

#5 ·
I had the pleasure of blowing the doors off a 2014 dodge viper 3 times in one 10 mile stretch of hwy .The viper owner was very distraught that a an old 5.0 was beating his viper badly in front of his girl
boxing.gif cdn.gif

#6 ·
Back in the day I raced a Ferrari 308 GTS with my 86 GT.

It started out with him pulling up beside and with his girl in the car and my girl in my car. My girl was drooling over his car. So he said loud enough we can hear him, " Why would anyone spend their money on a piece of junk like that. "

Well I revved and he revved, no contest, he won that. My car was lightly modded, Flowmaster exhaust with headers, intake opened up and 3.73 gears.

The light turned green and I launched hard. By about 35 or 40 it became obvious I had him.

We ran to the next light at which point I said You'd have to be an idiot to spend so much money on a slow POS as that.

He tried one more time with the same result and then turned off.

Cheers on the Viper.

As for cars I like to kill.

With the Mustang I like to kill SRT8's. Those fat girls always think they are going to win and they go down every time.

5th Gen Camaro's, GTO's Porsche Cayman's and Boxsters, and the couple M3's I've had the chance to run. I had a great race with an 05-09 Roush 427 and it was a hoot. He wasn't the best driver with his shifts, so I took him up to about 120.

With the Vette, Vipers are my favorite lunch. Dessert is 911 Turbo's, make that any Porsche. They always think they are superior to a Corvette and the ZR1 always makes them look stupid.

#7 ·
My car is 99% stock. The ONLY mod is the Ford Racing FR500S axle-back exhaust kit. I have the 5 speed manual and I admit I'm not an expert at driving it.

Last night went to a huge cruise down in the southern part of the state. My father, brother, cousin, and a two friends went with me. Here are the other cars that went:

2004 GT with bolt on mods and gears
2003 Cobra with bolt on mods (~500 HP at the wheels)
2001 GT with centrifugal supercharger and bolt on mods
2006 GT automatic with lots of bolt on mods
2002 Chevy Camaro Z28 (owner claims it's stock but we don't think it is)

In a rural part of the state, nobody else around, we played around with each other and a Dodge that ended up in the mix. During the course of the evening, I easily beat the 2004 GT, the 2001 GT (his car isn't dialed in just right), and I ran neck and neck with my brother's 2006 modded GT. I think he's probably like WHOA! Haha..

I also ran a Dodge Challenger R/T three times in a row and beat it three times in a row. The Hemi got me off the GO signal every time, but I passed it in 3rd gear every time.

The 2003 Cobra destroyed the LS1 Camaro, but the Camaro was too much for all of the rest of our Mustangs.

But what I learned was that these 5-speed manual 3-valve cars are QUICK!!! I couldn't believe that I was able to manhandle modded GTs from the SN95 era and also beat the 370 HP Hemi Challenger in 3rd gear! Made me feel VERY good about my car!! I think I'll leave it stock as long as I'm winning races like this. :)

#16 ·
I've owned a couple 2002 LS1 Z28's. They were all pretty close. I saw people posting all the time that they got into the 12's with theirs or low 13's stock. Of the 3 I owned, the best stock was 13.6 at 103.5 and the worst was 13.7 at 103.

With an intake lid and a catback as the only mods they would run 13.3-13.5 at 105-106. With DR's and a tune from a handheld along with an intake and catback they would run 12.8-13.1 at 109 mph.

So if this car was running better than a 13.5 or trapping faster than 104 mph he definitely wasn't stock.

#8 ·
I had the pleasure of blowing the doors off a 2014 dodge viper 3 times in one 10 mile stretch of hwy
Any car if sufficiently modded can beat up on any car, particularly in a straight line. I prefer to see the results of stock to stock or modded to modded. Victory for sure, but doesn't mean a whole lot given your listed mods. Now had you achieved the same result against a highly modified viper like a twin turboed viper, or if your car was stock....that would impress. Stock srt vipers like mine, go low 11s in the 1/4 and top out at 206 mph. They are designed and built for road courses and not straight line (look at Laguna Seca fastest laps).

I also prefer to see racing videos, than read racing stories which are often just that....a story

#11 · (Edited)
I think it's how much it bothers the owners
Don't see how it would bother me? I don't street race nor feel the need to share kill stories (don't actually have any).

Documented:

If you look at the Laguna Seca fastest lap times, the viper beats the Lamborghini aventador, McLaren, Ferrari 458 Italia etc etc......but at the end of the day, I would rather be the one going home in the slower Lambo, McLaren, or Ferrari.

One of the downsides of driving the viper is that you do become a target. I regularly get passed on a two lane for no apparent reason other than maybe the other driver can claim they accelerated passed a viper (and post the experience???). The viper definitely changes the driving behavior of many. Oh well.....

#12 ·
......but at the end of the day, I would rather be the one going home in the slower Lambo, McLaren, or Ferrari.
I have to agree with you there. I may be able to beat a few older stock vipers with the power levels I'm pushing now...but I think I would rather have a stock viper :)

With that said, I did run a camaro zl1 from a 40mph roll (mods in sig) and I walked it pretty hard. That is a very nice looking car though and I would love to have one. Other than that, I have only had a few stock GTOs try to run me and I seem to be a magnet for anyone driving a 370z (smashed them all pretty bad except for my first race with a gto). So far the only thing I lost to was a GTO the first day I had my car. It still had this annoying issue where it wouldn't downshift all the way when I floored it and he walked me pretty good.

I will say that this has to be one of the cheapest cars you can get that is so powerful from the factory and able to handle the abuse I've given mine (stock internals and I've hit max boost daily for the last year).

#13 ·
Some might say the 96 gt is the slowest 8 cylinder in the mustang bloodline. I might say I always love to root for the underdog.
A few weeks after buying and with only mod bring flowmaster catback I knocked out a same year v6 camaro with a few bolt ons.

3 Honda civics ranging from early to mid 90s. Two sounded a little intimidating but that was it.

Beat a 2000 or so bmw (unknown trim) climbing up a mountain. Guy was with girl I was alone. They taunted and pulled over a 16mile stretch or so. I always caught up and passed around 110mph.. maybe they were letting me think I won not sure.

And then there was this guy. So my bro and I are cruising down the highway. Up ahead some jerk was taunting a 99 v6 on a early 2000 jaguar v8- our beloved 4.6 engine. As we pull up the girl in the stang is scared and on the phone. Jaguar driver was halfway out his window asking for a race. He taunts me and I refuse. Bad tranny and engine mount at the time. He taunts for miles finally I give in and we pull at 50 roll. I sandbag and start at 5th gear (5 speed manual). My bro keeps telling me to smoke him but I'm worried about my drivetrain, finally I give on after he 'won' a few. He wants to bet for money but I refuse(should have bet) I shift down to 4th let it rip and left him way behind. Lol after race the old cocky goofball didn't even look this way anymore.

Got best by an unknown mid 2000s Porsche. Pulled away slowly but surely on the highway. My car had 3 adults including me. Feltlike I could have won if it was just me aand a n extra 100 up.

#17 ·
2012 370z
Friends 91 Mustang GT about 14 times
02 Gulf GTI .. At the next light he said " your lucky my turbo doesn't work" lol
My friends modded 04 Tiburon about 8 times
94 Integra

Cars I've raced and got beat
F body Camaro iroc with a 498 stroker.. Sleeper did not se it coming

Lambo
BMW don't know what series just looked very costly
2010 Vette, He gave me the benefit of the doubt and said " man you had wheel spin you coulda had me if you didn't "
supercharged R/T

#19 ·
The three best ones that come to mind are

1) 2011ish F-150 ecoboost- I don't know why this guy wanted to screw around but he got smoked. I was 100% stock with 2.73 gears LOL.

2) 200-whatever SRT-10 Ram- This one was from a dig. No contest at all. He might aswell been asleep at the light sitting there spinning his tires. This race I had the Yukon Posi and 3.55s

3) Mr. Harley rider- This was from a roll of about 45 MPH. I pulled on him pretty decent. New found respect for the stang.

4) 2001 mustang with a carbed 5.0- Both a dig and roll. We raced like 3 times. He lost 3 times.

I cant be too cocky though. I got destroyed by a jetta of all things before. It was one of the newest body style ones. I can only pray it had some serious turbo on it or something.

#20 ·
I believe other's see my wide tires & don't wanna try. I beat a V6 96 Camaro last year but since March 2014 no Challengers??

#23 ·
I guess this would count as a kill.

couple weeks ago was cruising around, had a newer model Impala SS pull up beside me at a light. Had a couple of kids in it late teens early twenties, they proceeded to stare at me and point and laugh at my car. light turned they took off, we hit the next light, he rolled his window down to ask if I wanted to race. I politely said no thanks just cruising around. His reply was " that's what all you POS mustang drivers say". I said Ok and rolled up my window.

I know that racing is for the track, but after that comment, Game on. I felt the need to defend myself and mustang drivers everywhere.

Needless to say when the light turned he launched hard, I rolled it out of 1st, hit 2nd and said see you later, got to about 65 MPH and then backed off, this clown was way behind me.

Didn't even have to break the speed limit, made me smile as he turned off as soon as he could. I don't know what the Impala SS has, but I wasn't impressed.

#24 ·
Got a challenger tonight. Guy kept slowing then pulling beside me and speeding up. After about 10 miles of this my wife started looking at me like please make this guy stop. So I pulled next to him at about 60-65. Dropped to 4th. Waited for him to hammer it and then went for it. Dropped to third pulled to 4th and loooked back was about 6-7 lengths on him. Did this with 2 adult passengers. I knew I would win. But damn.

#25 ·
On the way to work this morning, I was in the right lane cruising along at 58 or so. Minding my own business. An import tuner car passed me in the left lane, and revved at me as he went by. I didn't do anything, because it's winter and I have summer tires and they typically don't hook up worth a crap.

But a few miles up the road, as fate would have it, we ended up side by side at a red light. I thought to myself, "****... he's going to embarrass me because I have zero traction". When it went green, I didn't hammer it. I rolled into the throttle gently, and then when the car hit second I laid into it. By then he was spooling pretty hard, you could hear his turbo between every shift. I'll admit, his car was quick. I only got him by about a car length. No telling how much $$$ he dropped on that engine. Some of those guys will sell their kidneys to try and beat a Mustang.

#26 ·
I don't know if you would call it a kill on a road course but I ran down a newer Camaro SS on the track, would have passed him but ran out of laps. 88 LX Explorer heads and intake, E cam, lowered springs, pan hard bar on crappy all season tires.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.