Group buy on caliper covers - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 51 (permalink) Old 12-24-2008 Thread Starter
MGP
Apprentice

Group buy on caliper covers

MGP Caliper Covers is offering a Holiday Special group buy of our Caliper Covers for $189.00. Our regular price is $200.00. This group buy special will run until January 9th. Don't miss out. Call us direct (619)754-4099 and mention "AllFordMustangs" to get your discount.
NOTE: Group buy discount does not apply to custom colors or custom engraving.

Watch our video to learn more about MGP Caliper Covers and see why we won a 2008 SEMA award for "Global Media Product"

YouTube - MGP Caliper Covers

Gary Meade
MGP Caliper Covers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 51 (permalink) Old 12-24-2008
PONY Member

Wow we were just talking about something like this the other day. It's a great looking product too. Can I get it with Brembo etched on it hahahaha jk

2008 Dark Candy Red V6 Coupe 220hp/232torq SOLD
2006 F250 XLT 6.0L Turbo Diesel Innovative Xtreme Street Tune
1967 Coupe w/ 289 Auto
post #3 of 51 (permalink) Old 12-25-2008
Apprentice
S197 Member

Dont ya think they may work themselves loose over a period of time and screw up your rims?

post #4 of 51 (permalink) Old 12-26-2008
PONY Member
4.6L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by st577 View Post
Dont ya think they may work themselves loose over a period of time and screw up your rims?
its possible but i dont think they would if you maintain them well and keep them clean and make sure everything is tight every once and a while. they seem pretty sturdy though.

99 Mustang GT (9.2 second 1/8th no spray)

Rebuilding!! forged manley rods--forged piston--Trick flow twisted wedge heads --trick flow stage 2 cams-- Pypes Long Tube -- pypes shorty H -- flowmaster cat back--comp cam valve springs-- A/C Delete -- PP Typhoon intake manifold-- ford racing 4.10's-- upper and lower control arms-- NOS Sniper kit (wet) --
post #5 of 51 (permalink) Old 12-26-2008
GT Member
S197 Member

lmao you sell these for $50 a pop? that's highway robbery man...

2005 Mustang GT - SCT X3 + ROUSH CAI, FRPP Stingers, Silverhorse Blackout Panel, Brushed "Aluminum" Dash Kit, California Special rear bumper, chrome American Racing ROGUE wheels 20x8.5 with 255/35/20 Yokohama S.Drive tires, ROUSH rear springs.... JVC KW-AVX820
post #6 of 51 (permalink) Old 12-26-2008
Top Dog
5.0L Member
S197 Member

^^ that's not nice!! Any aftermarket stuff for our cars isn't discounted, in fact, just about everything I buy for the car is over $100 a pop... It just depends on how much you're willing to go if you like something... and I like these... I don't need brembos - I'm going nowhere - fast... :nogrinner
post #7 of 51 (permalink) Old 12-26-2008
PONY Member

I'm definitely not on here to bash anyone, I love this site for all of the helpful info that everyone here provides, but I'm with gphasagt on this one. I don't think he was trying to be mean, but ever since I read the group buy thread, I think he feels the same way me and probably a few other members do, kinda insulted. I first thought it was a typo, but realized it wasn't. I cannot fathom how they can try to sell these for $189, let alone normally $200 bucks !!!! Just because they won some SEMA award doesn't mean you can jack the price all up, when in all reality, they are just shaped, painted pieces of aluminum with two mounting tabs on the back, is that REALLY worth $200 hard earned dollars?!? I definitely think not. Again, I am not on here to bash anyone, they have the right to sell them for whatever price they want, I just HAD to express my opinion on this, after all, isn't that what forums are for ?!... AFM is still the best!

'08 GT
5.0l Kenne Bell/23.5psi, dual BAP w/quad GT500 pumps, ZEX 25 shot, Holley 4bbl., 105mm TB w/Tornado spacer, Nitto 335/25/22's, new points and plugs.
post #8 of 51 (permalink) Old 12-26-2008
Top Dog
5.0L Member
S197 Member

It is great that we can all express our opinions, isn't it? ... I just thought the "highway robbery" comment was a little rude, being we're posting in "their" area... that's all.

See, it's like someone coming into my house and saying they don't like my drapes... which my response would be "If you don't like them, don't buy 'em"...
post #9 of 51 (permalink) Old 12-26-2008
GT Member
S197 Member

hey man if you can get people to buy these for $200 more power to ya.... that's the beauty of America ain't it?

2005 Mustang GT - SCT X3 + ROUSH CAI, FRPP Stingers, Silverhorse Blackout Panel, Brushed "Aluminum" Dash Kit, California Special rear bumper, chrome American Racing ROGUE wheels 20x8.5 with 255/35/20 Yokohama S.Drive tires, ROUSH rear springs.... JVC KW-AVX820
post #10 of 51 (permalink) Old 12-27-2008 Thread Starter
MGP
Apprentice

MGP Caliper Covers

Our Caliper Covers are attached using a spring loaded stainless steel clip. Basically the clip applies pressure to the bolt keeping the bolt
secure, somewhat like a lockwasher but more advanced and secure.

The MGP Caliper Covers have been tested for four years. We've had our covers on vehicles with more than 80K miles with no failures.

As far as "Highway Robbery" as someone has stated, our prices for our caliper covers have remained the same for several months even after winning a SEMA award. MGP has not jacked up our prices. Our Caliper Covers are made from 6061 T-6 aluminum, TIG welded and high speed laser engraved, we don't use a Dremel or a hacksaw. Our Caliper Covers are also powder coated which insures durability. We know our product is made to a very high standard and we feel our price is very fair for the materials and production that goes into
our Caliper Covers.

Gary Meade
MGP Caliper Covers
GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGP View Post
Our Caliper Covers are attached using a spring loaded stainless steel clip. Basically the clip applies pressure to the bolt keeping the bolt
secure, somewhat like a lockwasher but more advanced and secure.

The MGP Caliper Covers have been tested for four years. We've had our covers on vehicles with more than 80K miles with no failures.

As far as "Highway Robbery" as someone has stated, our prices for our caliper covers have remained the same for several months even after winning a SEMA award. MGP has not jacked up our prices. Our Caliper Covers are made from 6061 T-6 aluminum, TIG welded and high speed laser engraved, we don't use a Dremel or a hacksaw. Our Caliper Covers are also powder coated which insures durability. We know our product is made to a very high standard and we feel our price is very fair for the materials and production that goes into
our Caliper Covers.
I take back the highway robbery comment. 6061 aluminum is good stuff and it does sound like they're a quality product. I still think they're overpriced, but then again so are most things people buy for these cars (my $140 plastic panel between my taillights for example) so it's all in supply and demand I guess since these are pretty unique and I haven't seen anyone else making something similar. They do look great though

PONY Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member

They seem pretty neat, definitly an innovation. Can't really bash em unless you've tried em. Highway Robbery is the $339 for a Caliper with "Cobra" written on it for my 03 Cobra When an aftermarket caliper is less than half that.

Remember in November. . . Vote them out!

95 GT - Black - exhaust, xpipes, headers
03 Cobra - Black - Exhaust, tune, CAI, Pulley, Heat Exchanger, IRS brace
Rookie

First of all the word "Cobra" isn't "Written" on it. It is cast into the caliper process during the manufacturing process in Australia where people can afford to buy a car and have insurance. It is not some aftermarket caliper that may fit 12 applications manufactured somewhere where the workers will never be able to buy a car or even see Batman The Dark Knight. If your brakes don't matter to you then you probably shouldn't be driving. As to the pricing you can buy the ORIGINAL 10th Anniversary Red Cobra calipers front AND rear for $40 more than you stated WITH brand new Ford brake pads that certainly don't come with the "Half price" ones.
PONY Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2008CobraJet View Post
First of all the word "Cobra" isn't "Written" on it. It is cast into the caliper process during the manufacturing process in Australia where people can afford to buy a car and have insurance. It is not some aftermarket caliper that may fit 12 applications manufactured somewhere where the workers will never be able to buy a car or even see Batman The Dark Knight. If your brakes don't matter to you then you probably shouldn't be driving. As to the pricing you can buy the ORIGINAL 10th Anniversary Red Cobra calipers front AND rear for $40 more than you stated WITH brand new Ford brake pads that certainly don't come with the "Half price" ones.
Wow, Pull the red hot poker out of your @$$. Aftermarket from autozone are around $130.00. I looked at the red ones, but I like the OEM ones. I didn't say I would put cheap ones on my car did I? Looks like someone has something to prove, Go E-Thugs!

Remember in November. . . Vote them out!

95 GT - Black - exhaust, xpipes, headers
03 Cobra - Black - Exhaust, tune, CAI, Pulley, Heat Exchanger, IRS brace
PONY Member

Send a message via AIM to EricU281
I wanna know how these actually keep the caliper cooler and dissipate the heat? It seems like it would hold heat in.

Silver GT '03

4.6L 4R70W
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page