Ford Mustang Forum banner

09 Shelby or 11 GT?

4K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  CDN5.0 
#1 ·
Hey everyone,

I found a great deal on an 09 shelby with 23k miles. I've always wanted a shelby, especially one from 07-09, but I currently have an 11 GT that I enjoy every single day. I was just curious as to what you guys think about going from the 11 to the 09? I doubt I'll do it, but who better to ask then those who have a shelby

Thanks for the help

#2 ·
With the Shelby you will get checked out more (not sure if that's a + or a - for you) and have a bit more power than the 5.0. But you will also have to deal with the supercharger maintenance which really isn't that big of a deal but extra is still extra. Maybe insurance would go up too Idk. But I also would think the Shelby will hold it's value longer since Ford has stopped making them but they still make the 5.0 by the thousands.

#8 ·
What do you use it for? Weekend cruiser/investment wise the Shelby hands down - daily or frequent driver - the 11GT - no offense but the interior alone is miles ahead of the 09's as far as seating, switch gear etc....

I'd love an 09 Shelby but I'd kill for a 11/12/13/14 GT500. I was chatting with a guy at a cruise night a couple of weeks ago about his 13, black on black with flat black stripes - sinister looking.
2400 kilometers on it - yep about 1400 miles - soooo nice I told him if it was mine the oil would never get cold, I mean this in the best way but you GT500 guys suck!!!
Lol

Scott

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.