Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mustang II V8 302 motor mounts

40K views 31 replies 19 participants last post by  butch4me1 
#1 ·
Do anyone know where I can get a set on Mustang II 302 V8 motor mounts without having to spend $300.00?

#3 ·
I suppose you could always make your own...

G
#5 ·
I bought a set off of Ebay, including engine and frame mounts, used, but usable... cost me $178 (including shipping). Near as I can tell these days I got off cheap, most Ebay motor mount auctions have been topping $200 over the last year. I'll send someone I've bought II parts from before an email and see if he might have a set (he's since quit selling on Ebay) and get you in touch with him if he does.

#11 ·
today i picked up a 302 from a '74 ranchero. it came with the motor mounts on it. i wasn't familiar with what the mounts for the V8 II looked like until i saw this picture that gregski posted in his "this is exhausting" thread. the mounts look very similar, and from some rough measurements taken from my V6 frame mounts, the distance between them appears to be almost identical, within a 1/2". the length of the ranchero mounts is 4" and the V6 frame mount is 3 1/2".

it seems like the ranchero motor mounts might work with my frame mounts using some bushings installed to compensate for the length difference. and that would be awesome since they still make them!

sorry, i don't have access to a digital camera or i'd take some pics.

Attachments

#12 · (Edited)
I have the motor mounts for the Mustang II 302 V8 that I may be willing to part with. They are not perfect, I'm sure they can be scrubbed and painted, but I haven't gotten around to cleaning them up yet, since I doubt I will be dropping my engine into a Mustang II.

Here are some pictures of the motor mounts I took while focusing on something else, I really should take them off and photograph them in depth on my kitchen table... come to think of it, the wife just left for work - here's our chance boys, by the way I am in Sacramento California.

Attachments

#13 ·
they look almost identical, but like i said, i think mine are a little bit longer. nothing that couldn't be fixed with some bushings i would think.

thanks for the offer on the mounts. that would surely be the practical route; but in the end i'd like to see if the ranchero/torino mounts work. if so, that would be a helpful fact to anyone doing a v8 swap. i just need a cherry picker now!

#14 ·
motor mount mustang II

they look almost identical, but like i said, i think mine are a little bit longer. nothing that couldn't be fixed with some bushings i would think.

thanks for the offer on the mounts. that would surely be the practical route; but in the end i'd like to see if the ranchero/torino mounts work. if so, that would be a helpful fact to anyone doing a v8 swap. i just need a cherry picker now!

here is the solution for a motor carrier Mustang II
go see the video
New V8 Mustang II Motor Mounts Video by Joe - MySpace Video

and you can buy the kit
PROTHANE POLYURETHANE MOTOR AND TRANSMISSION MOUNT SET - 289 / 302 / 351 1965-1972 - CJ Pony Parts, Inc.

its been long enough that I was looking for the solution I've finally find you and I said

#15 ·
thanks for that, styves. i don't have $170 right now, but now i know that 66-72 mounts will work. i checked ebay and they have some for $40. i'm sure this will be helpful to everyone.

on another note; i think its funny though that cjponyparts totally skips over the 74-78 mustang II's like they're not mustangs. the menu goes directly from 64-73 then to 79-93!

#16 ·
thanks for that, styves. i don't have $170 right now, but now i know that 66-72 mounts will work. i checked ebay and they have some for $40. i'm sure this will be helpful to everyone.

on another note; i think its funny though that cjponyparts totally skips over the 74-78 mustang II's like they're not mustangs. the menu goes directly from 64-73 then to 79-93!
the 65-72 mounts wont work, they are wider and a different angle, I tried.

#20 · (Edited)
Has anyone ACTUALLY tried the MMK3 kit that is shown in the video?
Is it the same kit sold by CJ Pony?

#21 ·
motor mount issues

I'm a new member to the 'Tang II group, and I've found out that engine mount issues are a hot topic. Any leads to find them would really make my day, cause I've spent hours pounding keys to try and locate some. I noticed Gregski posted in May that he had a set, still have them?( Note: MMK3 motor mounts from CJPony Parts DON,T FIT!)

#22 · (Edited)
Thanks for the nonfitment info on the MMK3 mounts.

You can find motor mounts on eBay sometimes.
There is a rebuild kit for them too, but you still need a set first to rebuild.

You can send an email to jgtorino429@yahoo.com and ask if he has a set.
He is loaded with Mustang II parts.

Good luck and good hunting.

#28 ·
#31 ·
There are no ready available new V8 motor mounts for the Mustang II.
You need to find an old set.
I have used two of Brett's rebuilt kits and swear by them.

Sometimes Brett will have complete motor mounts for sale, that is the best way to go if you do not have a set.

Sometimes it is cheaper to buy a rusty basket case donor car for the V8 parts.
Radiator, radiator shroud, motor mounts, double hump trans mount, bellhousing, flex plate/flywheel, oilpan, oil pump pickup, and so forth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.