Ford Mustang Forum banner

2015 Mustang sub-standard fit and finish.

9K views 17 replies 16 participants last post by  Cooter007 
#1 ·
There's a reason why I never purchase 1st year models.....it takes some time to work out the kinks, and I'm not about to be a beta tester!

Here's a couple of pictures of a poor sap from another forum and some of the fit and finish issues that he's experiences, and from what I've read, Ford warranty is giving him a rough way to go getting it fixed.

Wow is all I got to say!

Jedi Dave

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I hate to say this, but they should not have accepted the car in that condition or have it in writing from the dealer that it will be repaired.

and you're right....always wait for year 3 production...........

#3 ·
Looks like somebody was playing bumper cars.

#6 ·
Dealer should have spotted that and fixed it before delivery.

Dealer=Bandit

#7 ·
I agree with others. Looks like that car bumped something, I don't think it's a fit and finish issue at all.

#10 ·
I also agree. Probably a shipping issue - should have been caught by dealer in final prep. I saw a new Dodge Challenger pic with similar damage. Happened when tie strap, on truck van, came loose in transit. Almost impossible for a problem like that to leave the factory. However, getting replacement parts is always a big problem in early days of car production.

#9 ·
According to the owner he didn't bump anything.....no scuff marks on the paint. My GT/CS had out of spec alignment and an imperfection/indentation in one of the passenger side airbags straight out of delivery. Remember, we're purchasing Ford's, not Lexus.

Jedi Dave

#11 ·
damm i just noticed tht my driver side fender doesnt line up perectly with the hood...towards the front right above the head light is a really pointy part of the fender....will try and post a pic once it stops raining

#12 ·
I never suggested that the owner bumped anything.

#13 ·
I agree they definitely have kinks to work out but with the right dealer they will take care of you.

Mine had a slight raised spot in he center of the trunk I noticed after delivery. The dealer picked it up from my house while I was away for the week and replaced the trunk lid. While at it they also replaced the whole front bumper because they noticed I did not have the front license plate bracket on and the bracket holes had been punched already.

#14 ·
I just took delivery of my 2015 GT with the 50th anniversary package. I have issues with the whole front clip. The hood at the left fender almost touches. The hood at the right fender has almost a 1/2 inch gap. The nose piece is crooked. The headlights both point to the left. The trunk lid is misaligned so badly that the paint on the body has already rubbed off. The rear window is crooked.

As for performance, the car drifts to the left when you accelerate. I am not talking about drag racing but any acceleration. The right tire is wearing irregularly. I ordered the performance pack with the car and would expect it to be tighter.

Is anyone else experiencing that level of problems?

#15 ·
Sorry to hear about your troubles...

I would definitely contact Ford on this one...sounds like several problems. The drifting to the left issue is definitely not normal, I have heard lots of things about misaligned panels but that makes it sound like there's some suspension issues. I'd actually think it's major liability for them to have both that and the headlight issue right on a new delivery so they should be quite eager to help.

For any purchase (non-auto included)....if there is something wrong with the item being delivered, DO NOT accept the delivery.

#17 ·
I purchased a 2015 GT 50th anniversary. I have owned it for 3 weeks - no issues with fit and finish, so I wouldn't be condemning Ford for a 1 off. Could have happened in transport.

#18 ·
I signed up just to comment on this thread. I just purchased a 2015 Mustang GT convertible and the body panel fitment is horrendous. I haven't bought a new car in a long time and I've never spent this much money on one and I am not happy!

1.The bottom rear of the drivers door sticks out at the bottom. Not even close to matching the curve on the passenger side drivers door.
2. The rear edge of the trunk is not straight. The gap gets wider from right to left and increases greatly on the last inch or so.
3. There is a defect in the paint bellow the driver side mirror.
4. The rear bottom spoiler does not line up with the fender. I actually believe a clip is broke or missing.

I've owned the car for one month and I will be taking it back to the dealer when I get a chance, but I know from past experience with dealers and manufacture representatives, that I am screwed. Other than the clip on the rear spoiler, I will send emails, make phone calls, waste a lot of my time and nothing will happen.

I will follow up with pictures when I get home.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.