Ford Mustang Forum banner

2015 Mustang GT - Looking for Exhaust

62K views 44 replies 37 participants last post by  seands 
#1 ·
hey there!

New to the forum.

Just got a 2015 Mustang GT and I'm looking to put an exhaust on it.

I was looking around through a couple of different options (Ford Racing, Magnaflow, Roush) and was wondering if anyone had any good suggestions or preferences!

#4 ·
No cat-back voids the warranty according to the ford techs. As long as you don't mess with the cats, you're fine as far as warranty goes for exhaust.

as far as suggestions for the OP: Personally, I think Ford Racing and Corsa have the best sounding systems out there. And they're great quality. A lot of people also like Stainless works systems.

I have ford racing Sport system on my 15' and It sounds GREAT! and had perfect fitment/easy install. I like the Corsa sound a little better, but it wasn't available when I bought my system. I might switch eventually. If you want a good sound reference you can check out the youtube video I made https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-_YJqVQSAw

Hope this helps!

#6 ·
I really recommend the Roush axle-back!!! I got them on my 2013 GT and they sound incredible. Never heard a better sound!!:D The sound is deep, agressive and much louder than stock, but at idle. If you want to chill you can ;)

I did a comparison with a Ford Racing axle-back and a Magnaflow. Forget it!!!!

Additional I have some Overaxle-pipes. Now it's unbelievable :)

I really love that sound!! Never want to miss it again!!!

Check out my Mustangs sound on the following link!! :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOJRa5XpR9k&list=UUOdE7dHSH2yo_nO72ap0PQw

#8 ·
15 Exhaust

Check out MRT! They are not the most popular company throughout this forum but everyone seems to overlook them. Honestly they made my favorite sounding so far, then again I love the sound of H-pipes.

#34 ·
Magnaflow Street

I wonder if you could comment on drone if any? I am in the process of ordering the same for my 2015 Magnetic GT, but have read where some are having an issue with drone.

Thanks,

Mike

#11 ·
PonyBoySD:

Most axle-backs WILL induce drone somewhere in the RPM range. Corsa axle-backs is all about "drone free" in their construction. Besides that, Borla also advertises drone free, but more than a few Mustang owners still wind up with some drone with the Borla's'. Macs, Flowmasters (dronemasters), Pypes, etc. often produce drone so bad that owners had to sell/trade within a few weeks. Magnaflow is better, but they still usually produce some minimal drone somewhere in the RPM range. Be careful in choosing axle-backs, you could wind up spending a wad full of hard earned cash trying to get a quiet system.

Jedi Dave

#19 ·
I am going with the Bassani X-muffler system. I want a more sophisticated smoother tone and my experience is that having the muffler in the middle of the car with long pipes after the muffler will give me that. Having mufflers at the end of the pipes always sound rough and raw and harsh.

#21 ·
I'm looking to buy the Magnaflow Competition Cat-Back or Ford Racing by Borla Sport Cat-Back for my 2015 but the audio on the videos aren't doing it for me. I'm looking for someone with this exhaust in my area. Anyone have this exhaust in northwest Florida or Southern Alabama?

#22 ·
I'm looking to buy the Magnaflow Competition Cat-Back or Ford Racing by Borla Sport Cat-Back for my 2015 but the audio on the videos aren't doing it for me. I'm looking for someone with this exhaust in my area. Anyone have this exhaust in northwest Florida or Southern Alabama?

#23 ·
I'm looking to buy the Magnaflow Competition Cat-Back or Ford Racing by Borla Sport Cat-Back for my 2015 but the audio on the videos aren't doing it for me. I'm looking for someone with this exhaust in my area so I can see how it sounds in person. Anyone have this exhaust in northwest Florida or Southern Alabama?

#28 ·
Gibson is another exhaust company that seems to get over looked. I had a Borla ATAK on my 11 GT and that thing was nasty. 9 noise violations in my neighborhood within the first month. Im looking for a new exhaust for my 15 GT and Gibson is reasonably priced and from videos on youtube it sounds awesome as well. Not too loud but not too quiet either with a nice little rumble to it.

#29 ·
A lot of it depends on the kind of sound you want. If you want a deep yet smooth tone the Magnaflow street is the way to go. If you want low and aggressive note that is noticeable, the Roush is a good option. For a more modern and refined sound, the Borla or Gibson are good. If you just want loud, Pypes Pype bombs or Magnaflow race are probably your best bet. It all comes down to the sound you want and budget you are working with

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.