Ford Mustang Forum banner

HELP! need spare tire option for GT

3K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  jacknifetoaswan 
#1 ·
I bought the 2015 GT with the 20" wheels. I need to know what my options are for a spare donut that fits in the wheel well and works with the brakes on the GT without the PP. Not comfortable with not having a spare. I assumed I could get a donut aftermarket.

Will a Ford 18" donut spare work? One on Ebay for Fusion....will it work?

Thanks in advance for any guidance given.

#2 ·
Well, its been a month, so I dont know if you got your answer. If its the same lug pattern, it 'should' work as an emergency rim. As long as the spacing is the same. I personally dont like it and would just look for a watching wheel or tire because of the possibility of differences. But since they are just meant to get you to a garage, it might be ok. You could always talk to the dealer and see what they say.

#6 ·
I'd just buy a $30 Harbor Freight 12v compressor and a good tire patch kit. I don't like driving on donut tires, and it's relatively easy to install a patch. It'll be better and safer to drive on, and you can actually drive safely, at speed.

JR

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.