Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Why all the hate for the 2015's

64K views 335 replies 149 participants last post by  kenv 
#1 ·
First time poster, and first time Mustang owner,

Just bought a 2015 5.0 GT Premium, and I absolutely love it. It's my first Mustang, I've mostly stuck with Euro cars, and I'm really enjoying the experience.

My question, "Why all the hate from current Mustang owners?". Everyone who has seen it thinks it's a beautiful, slick car, EXCEPT other mustang owners.

Responses range from, "It doesn't look like a muscle car anymore.", "It's to European, looking." , to "It's ugly!"

I don't get it? It's fast, it rumbles, it's American made and it looks bad a**. I get that everyone has their own tastes, but the car has been positively reviewed by just about every car magazine, hence my purchase. Surely we can all appreciate the direction that Ford is going to broaden their customer base?

Am I missing something??

#282 ·
Let's clarify that. You mean the 2014 S197. You are surely not comparing 2015 S550 sales with 2005 S197 sales? I think it was selling like hotcakes back then but after 10 years with minor changes, yeah sales will flatten out. But the S197 is still my favorite so it matters not. Remember I am the guy that picked a 2009 over a 2010 when I had the chance to buy up but I didn't. Shows how much I like the body. :wink:

#283 ·
I had a 2012 v6 with Ingot Silver paint and it was looker, but I never got near as many comments or compliments as with the 2015 with the Ruby Red. I slowly over took an older GT on the freeway today, I'd guess it was around a 2005 or so. I had several minute to study the look of the car and decided there is no way I would pick one over the 2015, the new model is just so much more sculpted and refined in it's looks. The 2015 looks more like the 65 and 66 mustangs than any other model since the first ones came out. I know I was 14 when they started selling them and me and just about everyone else was crazy about them.>:)

#287 ·
I have had my 2015 for a little over a month now. I absolutely LOVE this car! For those of you who say this car doesn't look aggressive and too European, etc. I also own an '09 and it's parked right next to my '15. When I look at them side-by-side, the '15 beats the '09 hands down for having a more aggressive front end! I also love that they went back to the Fastback style for the back end. I still love my '09, but when I'm driving the '15 it handles much better. It sounds more aggressive. The interior is so much nicer. Honestly, it wasn't until I went and looked at a '15 in person and test drove it, that I truly fell in love with this car. I can't go anywhere without somebody stopping me to ask about this car. I have had people ask to take pictures of it. Yes, I get compliments on my '09 too, but not like this one! Change is good... I'm proud to own this car. P.S. I also test drove a Camaro SS BEFORE I test drove the new Mustang.

#288 ·
I drove the Tail of the Dragon last week. When I got to Deals Gap I went inside for a bit. When I came back out a bunch of the bikers were standing around my car taking pictures. They were all talking about how "bad ass" the 15 looked in person. BTW, the car handled amazingly also.

#289 ·
I had a couple of cops in a black and white follow me home last week to get a look at my 2015 Ruby.

#293 ·
In my opinion, all the mustangs look like they have attitude problems (which I love) but each generation has a different one. The 2015 is just new and people are just trying to adjust to the newest rebel child in american muscle.
I will be honest, just like a bunch of other new cars, I had to adjust and get used to the 2015 because when I saw the first pic I was shocked. Wasn't anything like I expected. My dad and I think they are futuristic lol.

I'll probably own one in the future if I ever get myself to adjust to all the techy stuff in the cars now...3 billion sensors and stuff... *shiver*

#295 ·
i dont know why. its a mustang. i dont like the previously gen mustangs but love the s550. not gonna bash people for preference or say anything negative. their all nice cars. happy i was able to get a 2015 5.0

#296 ·
i dont know why. its a mustang. i dont like the previously gen mustangs but love the s550. not gonna bash people for preference or say anything negative. their all nice cars. happy i was able to get a 2015 5.0

#297 ·
I have the odd vantage point of owning both. I have a '13 V6 premium convertible in Grabber Blue, and a '15 GT premium in Race Red.

Anyone who says they are more than an incremental evolution of the same thing is just biased. I think the '15 is a better car, but the '13 is beautiful, handles great, and has a lot of character that places it in the echelon of great Mustangs.

If you are just now buying a Mustang, start with the '15, but don't think the 'S197 sucks. Alternatively, if you have a '15, you're being a douche to say any iteration before yours sucks.

They all have their own character, and to me that's what makes them so interesting.

#298 ·
PMAZ is a true Mustang lover. Love them all but, if you love one more than another, don't hate the other. I must admit, I don't hate the 2015 design. I just like the S197 design better. I have warmed up to the 2015 a lot more now as I've seen some. Especially the convertibles with the tops down. Nice looking cars.

#300 ·
The day the 1964 1/2 mustang came out, I lusted that car it was so innovative & beautiful

Long live the mustang

#301 ·
I have never been a Mustang fan, I've always been a Pontiac guy. A few months back when I went out of town I rented a brand new 2015 Eco-Boost premium. I didn't want to rent a plain old car, I had rented a Camaro SS before (while it was powerful I really didn't care for it), so figured I try the Mustang. GT wasn't an option so was stuck with the 4 banger. After years of saying I'd never want a Mustang, within a day of driving the rental I was already thinking about buying one. It is just a really nice car. I personally think it looks great and the interior is very nice. The seats were comfortable and it just felt good to drive. People can knock it all they like. I've always been an American car guy and the new Mustang is drawing me in. I haven't pulled the trigger yet, still shopping, but I wouldn't be surprised if I have a new GT in the near future.

#304 · (Edited)
Only difference in 10-11 one the engine/trans lineup but upper rear control arm longer. My 2011 GT wheel hopped some just like models years before it and after it (05-14). Especially if wet road or bump in the road skip to the side. Stiffer bushings made hugh difference rear end reacted faster some better in the curves. Now on same road where 2011 would wheel hop or act like axle was coming out because of rough patch road. 2015 just goes through it never misses a beat. Yes IRS are harder to drag race but if we only judge a car by 1/4 mile time then we miss judge a lot of vehicles. There's far more to a car than 1/4 mile times

#306 ·
I still prefer the style of my 2014 GT/CS Premium. I know the new Stangs handle better and have more stock HP - but I have plenty enough for me to handle and I LOVE the style of my vehicle. No hate for the new ones - just love for my 2014 Stang.

#307 ·
I just bought a 15 GT Premium. My son owned a 13 GT so I can compare apples to apples.. The fit and feel of the 15 is dramatically improved over the 13. My last two cars were Acura's. I like a tight feel and technology. I also like the European look in a car. Personally I am well pleased with my new purchase. I'm glad I waited for the 15's. It has everything I want in a daily driver. And the 72 mo. @ 0%/$1,000 factory rebate sealed the deal.

#308 ·
The 2015's are just plane butt ugly!! Yes they handle better, higher technology, etc., but their just ugly! Sorry Ford but you just disappointed. End of story.

#310 ·
Why hate for 2015 Mustangs?

With regard to the orig. post.

I have owned/built ten Mustangs over the years and I just purchased a 2015 Mustang GT 50th Anniversary Edition. I thought I was through with Mustangs, but after I saw this one I had to have one. And now that I have had it for one month, this is by far the best Mustang Ford has ever made. It is a quantum leap over last years or any other year ever made. The 2015 Mustang GT is a World Class Car. It offers the best bang for the buck of any performance car made. Ford has hit another Home Run.

Many haters hate because they don't have one, therefore they resent it. And as you know Haters gonna Hate.

Can the 2015 be improved? You betch cha and that is the fun of it, customizing your Mustang like you want it.

The Ford Mustang is "America's Car". The Corvette comes in second and it is another World Class car. Made in America.

Enjoy your Stang whatever year it is. :wink:

#311 ·
I was rocking a 2013 Chevy Cruze 1.4T that was plagued with a ton of problems (Transmission worked on twice, bad pcv valve, water pump, coolant smell blah blah.) Decided I wanted something else that wasn't GM (Been a GM fan my whole life.) Wanted something that looked great, sporty, had great fit and finish, handled well, made good power and loaded with tech. Coworker told me to check out the new Mustangs. I test drove a Ruby Red EB with gun metal color rims on Monday LOVED it! Ended up buying it Wednesday night and driving her home Thursday. It had everything I was looking for (minus SiriusXM doh!) Love my car!

#312 ·
I don't believe haters hate the 2015 because they don't have one. I believe some actually just don't like the looks. I can't personally understand how that can be but it is what it is. I also believe that some saw the early renders and decided they didn't like the looks and came out strongly against it. Now that the actual car is out they can't really back track with their opinions. Pride is awfully hard to swallow. That is a shame because they will not get to understand just how much better this vehicle is to previous models.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.