Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Why all the hate for the 2015's

64K views 335 replies 149 participants last post by  kenv 
#1 ·
First time poster, and first time Mustang owner,

Just bought a 2015 5.0 GT Premium, and I absolutely love it. It's my first Mustang, I've mostly stuck with Euro cars, and I'm really enjoying the experience.

My question, "Why all the hate from current Mustang owners?". Everyone who has seen it thinks it's a beautiful, slick car, EXCEPT other mustang owners.

Responses range from, "It doesn't look like a muscle car anymore.", "It's to European, looking." , to "It's ugly!"

I don't get it? It's fast, it rumbles, it's American made and it looks bad a**. I get that everyone has their own tastes, but the car has been positively reviewed by just about every car magazine, hence my purchase. Surely we can all appreciate the direction that Ford is going to broaden their customer base?

Am I missing something??

#198 ·
I wasn't a fan at first, but when I saw this car in person, I fell in love with it. I like how they incorporated the "fast back" look on the back end, while also bringing it into the new millennium with a more Euro look too. The front-end of this car is so darn "mean" looking; I love it. I'm really glad that I bought one! What a fun, fast, loud car to drive! BTW, I also own an '09 45th anniversary edition.

#4 · (Edited)
You like it because you come from a Euro car background, which is what Im getting from your post. I grew up in the muscle car era which is why I'm not doin back flips over it.
You must be talkin to some idiots. Sure, it's a nice car. It's just nowhere near the top of my "gotta have it" list.

Btw.....welcome to AFM and congrats on the car.

#236 ·
You like it because you come from a Euro car background, which is what Im getting from your post. I grew up in the muscle car era which is why I'm not doin back flips over it. You must be talkin to some idiots. Sure, it's a nice car. It's just nowhere near the top of my "gotta have it" list.

Btw.....welcome to AFM and congrats on the car.
Hi. First of all, congrats on the new Mustang! I'd rather see you driving a 2015 Mustang than a Euro or Asian. That said I agree with MarylandGT, you bought the 2015 because it looks Euro, which you like. But Mustangs, or Muscle cars in general, were never Euro. Ford went that way to appeal to the 'world' crowd. And it's working, that's why you bought it. Like I said, congrats! I'll pass. I love my 2007 GT; if I ever trade it, I would go for a 2010-2014 5.0 or a Shelby of the same years. I bought my '07 because it reminded me of a kid in high school who had a '65 that I thought was one of the coolest cars ever. The thing went like stink and he beat it every day. The thing should had have zippers on the motor mounts because he had new motors all the time. But it was a cool car. And this is my first post so hello everyone!

Happy 2007 GT owner in AZ

Attachments

#5 ·
I wouldn't touch a 2015 Mustang even if Ford would trade me up even for my 2014 GT/CS. For me, I just don't dig the FusionStang Eurotrash styling.

With that said, anyone who purchases a 2015 I say CONGRATS! The 2015 Mustang is a great looking Euro styled vehicle that the younger crowd should enjoy.

I'm 53 years old and my 2014 GT/CS is my 15th Mustang since high school (1979 grad), so I obviously prefer the muscle car look and feel of the 60's an 70's (yes, I like the 71-73 Stangs!). The Fox Mustangs were a departure, but they had awesome styling for the times....muscle car with a hint of Euro.

The 2015 Mustang has immigrated to Europe where Ford hopes to sell many thousands. In fact, the Mustang front end and rear had to meet European codes, so that's what you see in the styling, again, just not my type of "American muscle."

Finally, we'll see how it sells. I still hold to the belief that Ford will be lucky to sustain anything near 100,000 units after the first year, especially after the 2016 Camaro hits the scene.

Jedi Dave

#6 ·
I don't know. . . . If the car I'm driving is any indication of the direction Ford is headed with their sports cars, I'm onboard.

Importing it overseas, if successful, will only encourage more aftermarket options, which is really a win, win for everyone.

It's nice to have an American option with all the bells and whistles that usually come on some of the more sport oriented Audi's and BMW's. It's also nice to watch an American car compete head to head and beat, or at least do as well as those same Euro cars they are designed to compete against.

I get that it has a very Aston Martin esq look to it, and it may not appeal to everyone, but it still sounds like a Mustang.

#7 ·
I wouldn't mind owning one.I'm just not going to get rid of my 2014 to do it. I checked out a 2015 EcoBoost Premiun last week while buying used (2012 Explorer) alternate transportation. The new Mustang interior is very impressive. I think the exterior of the car looks great. If I were in the market for a new car, I wouldn't mind driving one. And it doesn't look like Fusion, although the Fusion is a good looking car.

Everyone has their opinion, as misguided as some of them are. When I bought my '87 GT new in 1987, the Aero headlights and the cheese grater tail lights were trashed all of the time, departing from the more traditional looking 85/86 GT. Over time, the Fox Body Mustsngs became very popular., especially '87 and later. I think that the same will be true of the new Mustangs.

Pete

#8 ·
I love the look of the 2015's. Don't have the money to purchase one, but if I did have the money, i'd buy one in a second.

#9 ·
I'm 60 and have had a wide selection of muscle cars....
One of the reasons I bought the '14 was the pics of the '15.

YES! They are 'cool' and the IRS is ground breaking, but the styling just is not my thing!

And I traded in a boosted 4 banger on it!

The sound of the eco-loost sucks! dissapointed.gif

#69 ·
I agree. Wanted to buy a newer musclecar. Liked the Mustang(2014). At the same time thought perhaps I should wait for the 15. But after seeing pictures I too thought I think I like the 14 better. Glad I ordered the 14. However I like the 15's interior better. The 2015 is ok but I wouldn't buy one. No hate, just my preference.

#10 ·
At 48 Ive owned three mustangs. A 66,87 5.0 LX and my 2011 GT/CS.
The new mustang does not do it for me in the looks department.But dont feel bad I hate the later fox bodies too. But I get Ford . I'm yesterday and they need you (future) so I guess I sort of feel like the guys that loved the big wing cars of the fifties. It is my hope that Ford gets the younger crowd big time. I want that mustang Name plate to continue forever. Happy to pass the tourch to you guys. What bothers me even more is the Chinese parts in mine and your cars. But thats cause its a ford. I dont mind Jap parts in my Subaru :)

Reactions: rreedx5
#11 ·
#13 ·
I honk and give a thumbs up every time I can!

#17 ·
Mustang owners tend to be passionate about their cars. THEIR cars. With passion comes hate. Plus they tend to be a conservative bunch, and don't like things to change. Remember the Fox body Mustangs? I never thought they were attractive, they don't look like a Mustang compared to the new ones, yet they have a huge following.

#18 ·
I have a 2015 Mustang and have yet too hear any hate from other mustang owners in person. I do read about it on the net from time to time though.

In all honesty who cares? If someone is going to bash your 2015 Mustang it's clearly coming from insecurity/jealousy. Unless you asking for their opinion.

Who cares what others think? You have what you like.. If someones bashing your car walk away or tell them to get lost.

#19 ·
I wouldn't trade for a 2015 because i am balls deep in my 2011 mod-wise. I would, however, love to purchase a 2016 GT350R. The 2015 GT would need too much work to be up to my standards, so the one car I would have an affair with is that GT350R. I would paint it all one gloss color, no carbon fiber crap.

#20 ·
I'd love to get a '16 GT350. I too am balls deep in a modded '11. Some people only feel good about their cars if they can trash somebody elses. Personally, if I could own an example of every generation, I would. I almost have!

#23 ·
I've seen you on this forum ever since I joined and I'm glad you have kept your 2011- it looks like you take very good care of it. There's something novel about them being the first year model with the new power plant, U.S. know? I want to drive mine into the ground, unless I end up with a kid who likes mustangs...

#21 ·
I "could" probably trade my car for one, but I'm less than 2 years away from paying this one off and it still should have lots of life left and I still like it quite a bit. There are certain 15s I like, and others I don't care for as much. I like the PP wheels a lot and black and silver. The other colors and wheels don't do it for me as much. It does have a more Euro style to it. If I got a big raise or won the lotto I'd have a PP Ignot silver one in my garage for SURE though. I think people bash it b/c it makes them feel better about their car and it's just human nature for that to happen anytime there is a change. A certain crowd will talk about how terrible it is etc.

#24 ·
I agree with you about people talking crap to make theirselves feel better, it's like us hating on chevys- see I don't like them as much as fords, but if a Z28 or ZL1 appeared in my garage out of thin air, I wouldn't go sell it. I would mod it. I think bias can be changed.

#22 ·
My "14" is the 6th and probably final Mustang I have owned. I bought it nearly a year ago after going to the Columbus Auto show where I was able to see both the 14 and 15 next to (actually near) each other. I liked them both very much, but I preferred the exterior of the 14 to the 15, liked the interior of the 15 over the 14.
I like the 15 more every time I see in in person, but still prefer the exterior of my 14. I do not hate the 15 but understand the "fusion" infusion revulsion. I like the fact that my car looks like a Mustang and does not resemble another car Ford makes. To each his own, enjoy your ride, it is a great looking car.

#25 ·
The `15 model year is not even close to being the Mustang some people hate. Anyone remember the Mustang II? I had one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.