Ford Mustang Forum banner

2015 GT Automatic Gear Box Driving Experience Experience

5K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Jsm6melton 
#1 ·
Hi All,

I was just wondering if any of you out there owned the new 2015 GT with an automatic gear box and I was also wondering how do you like it so far in terms of driving experience?

My dealer only has Manual GTs with the performance package so I haven't been able to test drive an automatic GT without the performance package (I don't know about the US but here in Canada you can't get the performance package on the Automatic for the GT even though you can for the ecoboost.... it's weird)

So if anyone has the 2015 GT with an automatic gear box and you would like to share your experience with it so far in terms of driving experience (handling, suspension, wheel hops, accelerating, etc) it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

#2 ·
I have auto,.355 gears and love it.No wheel hop and it hauls ass. The rev matching sounds great through my Outlaws. The paddle shifters and gear display are good fun too.
I also have a '13 GT500 manual.It's fine but this is finer.Of course it is a bit faster.

Attachments

#5 ·
I too also have a GT Premium with an automatic. I'm unsure what gears are in the differential at the moment. When I purchased the vehicle it was used with 2500 miles on it. Some guy traded it in for an identical GT Premium but the 401 package.

Overall I'm absolutely happy with the car. I notice a slight slip from slow accelerations but I believe that it just limited slip differential. It does not effect it's 1/4 mile times or MPG.

I have not messed with the paddle shifter a whole lot yet. But what little messing around with it I have done I've gotten a tad annoyed. It automatically shifts anyways so if you don't hit the paddle at the ideal time or before it's factory shift point it shifts. I'm unsure if there is a setting too change or adjust this.

But overall I love the car. I had a Ford in high school switched too a Nissan 350z at 18 and just purchased a Mustang in January. I'm constantly asking my self why I ever bought a Nissan...

#7 ·
I too also have a GT Premium with an automatic. I'm unsure what gears are in the differential at the moment. When I purchased the vehicle it was used with 2500 miles on it. Some guy traded it in for an identical GT Premium but the 401 package.

Overall I'm absolutely happy with the car. I notice a slight slip from slow accelerations but I believe that it just limited slip differential. It does not effect it's 1/4 mile times or MPG.

I have not messed with the paddle shifter a whole lot yet. But what little messing around with it I have done I've gotten a tad annoyed. It automatically shifts anyways so if you don't hit the paddle at the ideal time or before it's factory shift point it shifts. I'm unsure if there is a setting too change or adjust this.

But overall I love the car. I had a Ford in high school switched too a Nissan 350z at 18 and just purchased a Mustang in January. I'm constantly asking my self why I ever bought a Nissan...
Here's a link to a website that will let you print out the OEM window sticker, which will show the ratio and everything else: VIN Lookup Hope this helps!

#6 ·
I just bought a new 15 GT prem.auto.It shifts nice unless your into the throttle and imo is lacking in shift firmness.Especially using the paddles. I started a thread asking if anyone had a devise (tuner) that would firm up the shift.Maybe i'm asking too much out of a street car that will barely spin the tires on a blacktop road.

#8 ·
Barely spins the tires? Have you tried it with traction control turned completely off or put the car in track mode? With my 12 GT auto I had to turn traction control completely off but the car would roast the tires off if I wanted to. My new car is a standard but when I put the car in track mode it is a complete beast. Heck, even in sport mode it is a lot livelier.

#9 ·
I just bought a 16 GT with an auto and 3:15 axel. It is the best shifting auto Ive ever driven. In sport mode it seems to shift a lot harder. I'm not in to racing but have had two younger kids want to run light to light. Both were perf pack manuals and they got their feelings hurt.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.