Ford Mustang Forum banner

50th Anniversary package question

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  MustangNumber4 
#1 ·
I joined this site to hunt down build quantity of "non-wimbledon white" or "kona blue" S550 anniversary cars? I have everything except the numbered dash plaque and rear louvered window. I haven't seen any other anniversary cars in two weeks of driving, and researching on the web. Was this a limited build? I specified that I wanted a black mustang, but I did not want black wheels and the salesman said he knew were a black "Anniversary Edition" 15 was located, so I bought it (love it). Any F.R.A.P. guys on here that can help out a L.A.P. guy? Were these a limited build?
Thank you in advance

#2 ·
As far as I know it's just a package and comes in many colors. I have a DIB 50th edition and I've seen them in Orange as well. It's limited to the point that there aren't as many of them as there are say a base GT or EB but if you don't have a numbered plaque it's not a "limited edition"

#3 ·
Exactly. It is a package like the California Special. 2015 is the only year that you will be able to get the 50 year Edition so it is limited in that way. The Kona Blue and Wimbledon White are the only limited editions though.

#6 ·
Thanks all, I prefer for it to be slightly special over rare. I'll still park it further out in the lot though, lol. P.S. I have never owned a vehicle where people are constantly trying to race me. (I don't race.) Even pick up trucks, and vans as I pass in the fast lane gun their engines to run with me. A watched in my rearview as a grand prix on Saturday got pulled over as he pulled out of a lot that I'd gone past. He gunned it to catch up and got pulled over within a block. (Need to set up a camera.)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.