Ford Mustang Forum banner

New 2016 Mustang - SiriusXM Question

5K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Gamerjoe 
#1 ·
I just purchased a new 2016 Ecoboost Premium - Manual, and this is my first post to the forum.

I love my new car, and have been very happy with the performance and the options. The 6-speed manual is a lot of fun, and probably the only way to really get the most enjoyment from an I4 turbo engine. My only complaint is regarding the SiriusXM radio reception with the Sync 3 system. Every 2-3 miles I go through spots where the signal is dropped and the screen will show "Acquiring Signal", which will last for a few seconds each time. The SiriusXM radio is basically useless because it is so very annoying. Does anyone else experience this with their new Mustang? My previous car was a 2006 Acura TL and it always had excellent signal reception with XM radio, but to be fair it did not have Sirius like the Mustang. Maybe that is the difference.

#3 ·
My '12 Maxima's satellite radio has been doing the same thing lately. Maybe I'll call and complain and threaten to cancel service. Maybe they'll try and talk me into staying by knocking some money off of the monthly bill. It's sucks though that if I don't have Xm I also don't have any navigation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#10 ·
I used to have a Sirius Starmaster receiver back in 2007 or 2008. I loved it because there was a 15 second buffer that would prevent signal gaps from cutting out when you'd hit a dead spot or go under a bridge. I sold it in May of 2011 when I picked up my 2012 V6 Premium (RIP) because it had the built-in Sirius. What a mistake. The built-in satellite radios have zero buffer capability. I immediately cancelled my sub, switched to the trial and never renewed my sub despite repeated offers to lower the price. Both Mustangs I've had since suffer the same issue, even the 2016 GT Premium with SYNC 3. Fortunately, I have HD radio in my area and there are two stations that I can tolerate for a while. I think the sound is better on the HD radio than the Sirius. However, I spend more time listening to music I keep on my connected phone.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.