Ford Mustang Forum banner

1984 Mustang LX Convertible Restoration Project

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Jerky2112 
#1 ·
Hey all,

This is my first post ever on this forum and for that matter, any other kind of forum. I recently got rid of my old car in favor of my father's 1984 LX Convertible which was in pretty decent condition. I am in the middle of a restoration, I have recently put new interior and upholstery, new top, and I am about to get it painted. Now for the issues, I am facing, the first which is not a super high priority but none the less important, is on the 1984 model there are moldings that run around the entire car except for the front of the car, and no auto shop I know sells or makes these moldings. Does anyone know where to find replacements as they have to be removed for painting. Second and most importantly I want to make the car faster as my old Honda was pretty swift and juiced up. I love driving and I love going to race tracks but I know next to nothing about the technical aspect of automobiles. I was wondering what my options are as far as dropping in a new engine.

Thanks everyone :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.