2002 Mustang GT Possible electrical issue - Ford Mustang Forum
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-11-2013 Thread Starter
2002 Mustang GT Possible electrical issue

Well, I need some help and I am going to try to explain this as well as possible. I'm trying to diagnose and get an idea of what I need to fix an issue with my 2002 Mustang GT and it's a manual (if that makes a difference).

The mechanically noticeable problem is a pretty strong hiccup.. seems like either trac control actuating at inappropriate times or random fuel pressure loss.

-I have new injectors, new coil packs, new spark plugs and a newer fuel pump.

The electrically noticeable problem is the theft light flashing occasionally, trac control light coming on at inappropriate times (when the tires are not losing any grip), check fuel cap light is on (the fuel cap is securing on, tried multiple times to re-tighten it) , brake light flashes even when the e-brake is down, seat belt light will come on even when buckled, but does not make the noise if buckled. Oil pressure, fuel, speedometer, tac, and temp gauges are functioning properly and the lights on the gauge cluster are functionally properly as well.

I work for a car dealership and I usually do all the work on my vehicle myself so I am pretty familiar with it mechanically, but these electrical issues are starting to confuse me. One of our service techs ( Subaru tech, not ford) suggested that the gauge cluster could act as a central hub for these sensors which lead to my thought that the hiccup could be the traction control actuating when it shorted out, problem is the light is not always on when it decides to hiccup. It is better when I am on the gas and above 3000 rpms, but does still hiccup.

My questions are:

Has anyone had a similar issue?

Could this be one module shorting causing all of these issues or could there be multiple issues?

If the gauge cluster does act as a central hub, then would a new gauge cluster include these sensors or would I need to buy them separately and pigtails for the wiring?

I don't know what else to ask at the moment, I had more questions when I started this but now I am frustrated after explaining the whole ordeal. I hope this makes sense to you guys and thank you for any advice you can give me.

Sponsored Links
post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-12-2013 Thread Starter

Codes: P1000, P0455, P0401, P0457, P0172, P0175, P0316, P0301
Sponsored Links

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page