Ford Mustang Forum banner

Will a 2005 gt slave cylinder directly bolt up to a 2002 tremec 3650

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  johnny7 
#1 ·
Hey guys new to the site, I don't have a mustang but I do use their parts on all my projects :) so the title is the short version of my question here is the long one: I bought a tremec 3650 out of an 02 cobra originally to put in my ranger with a built 351w. Mostly because my last ranger that had a stock 5.0 blew t5's like they were plastic so I wanted an upgrade, but due to adapter pricing and my convenient driveshaft explosion on my f150 I decided since I need a new driveshaft anyways and the bolts match up might as well throw the 3650 in my f150. So now all is almost done except for the slave. On my ranger with the t5 I just got a Nissan 300 external slave and some angle iron and it worked great ($10 external slave vs $500 McLeod ..... Yeah that was an easy decision) but the 3650's lip by the clutch fork is much smaller than the t5 so i don't think it will work. So I start doing a little research and see that the 2005+ have internal slaves, but I am reluctant to buy one and pull the trams back down without knowing if it will work. Thanks in advance

#2 ·
The slave cylinder for a 2005-2010 will not fit the front housing of a 2001-2004 TR3650.

I've done a mock-up and believe that you COULD install a 2005+ front housing, but you would also have to use the 2005+ input shaft because the newer housing is deeper and the shafts are longer.

For others thinking about mixing things between these two models, very little will swap. The forks are all different, the tail housings are different and even the main housing.

Even some of the gears themselves are different...

I would think that you can find a hydraulic kit that will slip over the front sleeve and work without creating an awkward, one-off transmission.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.