Coiled Antenna - Ford Mustang Forum
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-14-2013 Thread Starter
Coiled Antenna

Metra makes this coiled antenna they call a "cell' look. I haven't seen an antenna like this from any other manufacturer. However, it says on the package that it fits Ford vehicles but did not include a ford adaptor. I ended up giving it to my brother who has a Fiero, as the antenna was threaded for GM cars.

Anyone know of any antennas like this for a ford, or of any good GM to Ford antenna adaptors? I want to get rid of the ugly stock antenna on my 2005 mustang. (I'm pretty sure that antenna picks up static from Mars.)

If all else fails I will buy the shorty antenna from American Muscle, but I really want the coiled antenna look on my Mustang.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	METRA 44-RM01B.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	3.8 KB
ID:	245913  
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-15-2013
Site Sponsor
This is actually the first time I've seen one of these for a modern Mustang. I kinda like it too. It definitely gives a different look and I'm sure the extra coiled antenna is useful for radio signal.

Cool find!

Will Levantovsky |
Toll Free: 866.727.1266 | M-F 9AM-9PM EST | Sat 9AM-5:30PM EST
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
Free Same-Day Shipping!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-17-2013 Thread Starter
It would be sick if American Muscle carried antennas like this. It would really set AM apart from other mustang websites.

2005 Mustang V6
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-23-2013
GT Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member
Seeing one of those gives me a flashback to the 80's.

'05 GT
Sponsored Links

antenna , cell look , coiled , ford to gm adaptor , metra

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page