Mustang color - Ford Mustang Forum

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-14-2016 Thread Starter
Rookie

Mustang color

Hey guys I'm about to purchase my new mustang and have to choose between ingot silver or competition orange. The thing is that I'm afraid I might get bored with the competition orange over time. Has anyone had either of these colors (in particular the orange) and can give me their opinion on this? Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-14-2016
PONY Member

I have the Ingot Silver and I like it a lot. That in mind, orange looks cool tool. My 2 cents is that if its going to be your daily driver, go for the Silver, if its going to be your weekend car, go for the orange.

Azzurro, Mini525 and Kemtooler like this.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-14-2016
Apprentice

Here is my Competition Orange 15. I have had it for a year and smile every time I look at it. The color looks good in any light.

Mustang color-uploadfromtaptalk1452814407766.jpg
With the summer tires

Mustang color-uploadfromtaptalk1452814457641.jpg
When I got it last January with its winter wheels and tires.

Ingot silver would be OK for me with the black wheels of the Performance Package, stripes and the black and red interior of the Premier Trim package.

Dave
Mini525 likes this.

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-15-2016
Rookie

The two are both nice colors but if I were to choose I would choose a classic color, so Ingot silver is my choice.
Mini525 likes this.
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-17-2016
PONY Member

Orange all the way ;-)

Order 11/2 * Dora 11/6 * Vin 11/17 * Window Sticker 12/3 * Blend 12/8 * ETA 12/26 * Dealer 12/22 * Delivered 12/28/15

2016 I4 2.3L EcoBoost *Competition Orange * Group 201A * 6-Speed Auto * Security Package * Wheel & Stripe Package * Spare Tire * Park Assist
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-15-2016
Rookie

Color is so personal you gotta go with what turns you on. A couple of considerations:
o If you like to go fast, orange is more conspicuous to cops
o Don't know the stats, but would guess that when it comes time to sell, you'll find more buyers for silver than orange
o My first new car was orange and I loved it. It's tougher to keep looking clean, but if you're into detailing your car it's easier to tell what you've done on an orange car. With silver, I have a hard time telling where I waxed it
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-30-2016
PONY Member

To me, Ford's "orange" isn't orange. It looks... Salmon or almost pinkish. I don't like it.

Having said that, silver, grey, etc. are "boring" colors to me and on a sports car that's the opposite of what you want. Orange, yellow, bright blue, etc. are better picks. Get something that stands out and makes you smile everytime you see it. Not something that's the same color as the minivan in the lane next to you.
Forder likes this.

2001 GT auto in Zinc Yellow
Flowmaster mufflers - Pypes O/R H pipe
Eibach Sportline springs/Koni STR.T shocks
AMR wheels w/ 315/35 MT Street Comps
FR 3.73s
Blankenship Performance tuning
Steeda Under-drive pulleys
BBK CAI - AcuFab 70mm TB
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-31-2016
Rookie

Quote:
silver, grey, etc. are "boring" colors to me and on a sports car that's the opposite of what you want. Orange, yellow, bright blue, etc. are better picks. Get something that stands out and makes you smile everytime you see it.
THIS! i agree
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-15-2016
Rookie

I have ingot silver on my current car and it has worked very well for the last 6 years, no swirl marks visible etc.
Rookie

I tend to like more flashy colors and I opted for the Deep Impact Blue, but Competition Orange was my second favorite color.
Rookie

I don't remember the exact orange but I had an orange 1978 Ford Mustang and it was fun for about a week. Then it got old very, very fast and I couldn't get rid of it until 1982. It stands out, like farting in church.
Rookie

Every car on the road today is either black,silver, gray, or white. I think the manufacturers do this to save money on paint. Looking at a parking lot today is like looking at a crowd watching a ping-pong tournament in mainland china in the 1970's with everyone dressed in the same color Mao suits.

That being said, getting anything but those four colors and you have "your car", get one of those and you have "everyone else's".

Let me be frank: Iím not a very good driver. Now, I donít mean that I careen from lamppost to lamppost like a drunken pinball, nor that I have to spend my afternoons picking teeth out of the bumper and pressure-washing old-ladies and kittens out of the undercarriage; no, Iím merely pointing out that Iím not a race car driver in real life, only on the podium of my own imagination.
Rookie

Hi, When I bought my 2004 GT, I ordered Screaming Yellow, because I always wanted a badass yellow Mustang. I always wondered at the time, would I still like it 6 months later, or would I regret it ? Well, 12 YRS later I still loved it !! I real B***H to keep clean, but well worth it !!

When I got my new 2016 Mustang a few weeks ago, I wanted to go back to metallic bright colors, so I ordered a Ruby Red FB, LOVE HER !!

As someone said, ther are so many white, black & silver cars everywhere, all the time, so boring.

Myself, I have never liked orange cars, from a Mustang to a Lambo, don't care for it at all. If your only 2 choices at your dealer are the Orange or Silver, I'd say go for the Ingot Silver metallic, it looks really good, nice & bright.

It's going to be your car, & have fun !!!
Rookie

silver is common, orange is cool like candy

All is well
Apprentice

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskulker View Post
Every car on the road today is either black,silver, gray, or white. I think the manufacturers do this to save money on paint.

If people didn't buy the black, silver, gray or white cars, manufacturers would stop making them.

Personally, I quite like the look of a black or dark gray car when clean and nicely waxed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page