Ford Mustang Forum banner

"Pure Michigan" is a stupid slogan. soooo .......

3K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  silver_stang200 
#1 ·
I don't want it on my 1982 Mustang GT. I used an old plate to fix that. Looks much better!

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
No! It's just a stupid slogan more fit for a state that has nothing. It's always been Great Lakes State or just Great Lakes until they came up with this a few years ago!

Not as DUMB as this!!:surprise:

Sounds like we're in the depths of DESPAIR!!:frown:
OK, you win! Do they make fun of it? There are lots of parody's on YouTube for us:

#8 ·
The year sticker goes on the top right now and it would have interfered. Trying to minimize my chance of getting hassled for doing this.

SCARED to look for it on Youtube and I refused to run one so they gave me "In God We Trust" with the American Flag and SC Flag!! :smile:
Nothing on YouTube. It's based on the title of the state song. Pretty stupid because South Carolina has a lot to offer and promote. Not being religious I wouldn't like either plate.

Gotcha all beat. Here in Pa, starting this year, we pay for the yearly sticker, but we no longer get one. :surprise: Fro now on its going to look like everyone`s plate is out of date. This is sure to give the cops fits. State states they saved a million dollars. :|
Makes sense. Can't read them anyway.

None of my cars have "Pure Michigan". Here are the 3 Mustangs:

Attachments

#7 · (Edited)
Gotcha all beat. Here in Pa, starting this year, we pay for the yearly sticker, but we no longer get one. :surprise: From now on its going to look like everyone`s plate is out of date. This is sure to give the cops fits. State states they saved a million dollars. :|

PS: We also used to have front & back plates. That stopped in 1952 to save money for the Korean war effort. We never went back to two plates, but it is said that we still pay for two of them. My F 150 costs $91.00 a year for the plate.

#12 ·
Kenv Here in my Broke A$$ state our plates are $101 For my Vanity plate its $114

We are getting "NEW" plates too Fugly as hell I won't get mine till 2020 thank god

Rumor has it that "IL" is supposed to eliminate the front plate to save $$ but its doubtful that that will happen :crying:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.