Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

What do you use to clean your Mustang with?

34K views 60 replies 49 participants last post by  Ken14 
#1 ·
Just bought a new GT yesterday and it is not as clean as I would like it. There seems to be deep down dirt in paint and it needs a good scrubbin'.

What do you guys use to clean (type of soaps etc...) your cars? Any suggestions? thanks

#38 · (Edited)
Thanks to all for a lot of good information. I do want to comment on one item, windshields/windows or rather their cleaning. I tried Invisible Glass and do not like it. When I use a microfiber towel to remove the cleaner it leaves polishing swirls. A friend told me about Sprayway and I think it works quite well and very inexpensive.

#41 ·
#42 ·
Use the two bucket method to wash the car, one bucket for soap, and another bucket to rinse out your sponge, before you put it back into the soap bucket, to continue washing. I don't use anything abrasive on my car, I don't use the clay bar on my car, 2004 40th anniversary Sonic Blue convertible. Anything you use on the finish, that produces wear, will eventually wear through if you continue to use it. Then I use a quality car wax. I use Meguiers PlastX on the headlight lenses to keep them clear. Good Luck.

#43 ·
I use Armor-All Wash and Wax. It isn't the best of the best, but it leaves a pretty good shine without waxing.

#44 ·
Clay bar will pull dirt and grime up off your pony's finish, you'll see
it on the bar as you work. Alan

#45 ·
I've been using Zaino products for about a month (car is only 2 months old). It works as advertised (visit the website cited in an earlier post). I wash it every week.

#46 ·
+1 on the Zaino, it's great stuff....particularly it's longevity. Sadly, for most people they just don't have the time to devote to the Zaino system...myself included.

#47 ·
I use Zaino.. Totally worth it. I drive my car on a daily basis, so I'm going to give the Z-AIO a try.

#49 ·
I've been using Turtle Wax Ice soap. The results have been pretty good. I've thought about switching to Meguiar's because I pretty much use all of the other Meguiar's products, but the Turtle Wax soap has done well. After I wash and dry, I always do a Meguiar's detail spray wipe down.

#50 ·
Oh, and I also wash the wheels with Meguiar's wheel cleaner and then I use the detailer spray on them, as well. When I wax, I also give a light coat to the wheels, too.

Does anyone do anything special to their exhaust tips?

#52 ·
2003 Redfire

Wash with Meguiars Gold Class every one or two weeks

Wax with a coat of Meguiars cleaner wax followed by a coat of Armor All Extreme Shield Wax about every 4 months

I'm not anal about my car but I like it clean. The Extreme shield seems to work well at repeing dust and water and water spots wipe off pretty easily after accidental sprinkler attacks.

Interior gets Meguiars spray and wipe detailer and it cleans pretty well

#53 ·
I use all Meguiars products on my 2002 black Mustang. Small tip to speed up drying your stang after washing ..... I use my leaf blower. Its quick, gets water out from around the emblems, that constant drip from the side mirrors is gone, and makes quick work of the lug nuts/rim area :bigthumbsup

#54 ·
Have you had any situations where the leaf blower blew dust or dirt onto your freshly washed car? That's the only thing holding me back from getting one.

#56 ·
I use my leaf blower all the time. It is GREAT for getting all the water out of the cracks, front grille, front and rear bottom fascia, mirrors, etc. If it is blowing dust, it's dust from the air. If the dust is in the air, it's settling on your WET car while you are walking around the car drying it (if you didnt blow off the water.) The quicker you get that water off the better.

I SECOND (or third) ADAM's stuff. You need to watch their vids. I use their pink car "shampoo". I put the wash mitt on the straining rack in the bucket, pour the shampoo right on the mitt, then hit it with the hose. The suds are great when you do it this way.
RC

#55 ·
I've used DriWash since 1995. No bucket, no clay bar, no car waxes, no fuss.

My 1991 LeBaron convertible had orignal paint when I sold it last December, and it looked showroom new. I has used only driWash on that car since 1995.

The only time water has ever touched any of my cars is when it rains.

#59 ·
I use Adam's and I love there stuff,but they are pricey. I like mother's too and they are cheaper.
Have you used their "car shampoo"? I love that stuff.
RC

#60 ·
Wash and seal

I believe in Zaino products: wash,sealer and detailer. I also blow dry the car with a cheap two speed leaf and yard blower . I believe you can get a few swirls and scratches from heavy wiping with a cloth. I have never used these (towels)since new. ,three years now with a pristine better than factory finish with zero scratches. You won't pick up anything with the blower if you keep it off the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.