Ford Mustang Forum banner

Illuminated door sill plates

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  09v6 
#1 ·
So I was waxing the inside of the doors and the sills of the Mustang this evening. The illuminated door sill plates.......are these actually stainless or what? Is there something that any of you all use that will shine them up? Maintain them, etc? I don't want to even try something if it might mess up the acrylic or whatever it is that the lights shows through. If it's as simple as wiping with Windex....just let me know. Thanks

#2 ·
Water and a microfiber towel. If you get any type of grease/wax on them it'll mess them up.

#4 ·
I would recommend Spray-away, it's primarily a window cleaner but it is not ammonia based or harsh chemicals. Does not hurt the car finish and will not remove wax etc. Also it dries without residue, which makes it good (obviously) for windows. It's cheap to buy at Home Depot.

#6 ·
I've always cleaned my sills with armor all as I wipe the rest of the sill with the same cloth. Mine are not illuminated but are the stainless since I have the premium interior. Never had any issues. I think it is rather durable just don't use any abrasives one them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.