fair price for this SVT Cobra? - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By kenv
  • 1 Post By 1996CobraGuy

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019 Thread Starter
Rookie

fair price for this SVT Cobra?

long time lurker here, thinking about pulling the trigger on this car...

link: 1993 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra

assuming they would negotiate, is $25K a decent price or am i way off?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019
GLOBAL MODERATOR + NEW MEMBERS MANAGER
Classic Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

The normal asking price I have seen 1993 Cobras going for is about $25,000 but that is usually with about 6,000 miles or less. The one you are looking at looks very nice but I would value it around $20,000. Best of luck!

Engine mods - all stock, trust me, wanna run??!!!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019
GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Drivers seat has issues going on at the left corner, the center console isn't original.. Looks like their value has climbed up in the last few years. I was looking for awhile and as B.Cooper stated they were around $25k. I attached a link for you to compare the 2, the one in my link is authentic

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/l-Used...ting=242024510

2014 GT Premium, Track Pack, Barton shifter, Borla S-type exhaust, Resonator delete, 3.73 gears, Airaid C.A.I., 93 Race Tune, JLT Oil Separator

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-29-2019
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Mustang II Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

They are both nice cars, but there`s no way "I" would spend anywhere near 40k for a `93 Cobra. Of course this depends on how much you want the car, if it`s your "dream car" etc. Lots of variables.

25k for the one you showed in the first link? Mabey, but not without having a competent mechanic go over it from hood to trunk. & if the seller won`t let you have it inspected, that should raise a big red flag....
imps likes this.

2013 GT CONVERTIBLE GHIG
2015 F-150 King Ranch crew cab

Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole.
Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever.
AFM SITE ADMINISTRATOR

NEVER APOLOGIZE FOR BEING PATRIOTIC!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-29-2019
Apprentice

I bought mine in 1997, complete with a crunched right fender, for $6000, $9000 was being asked, had 91K, everything stock.

I put the 10-holers on it to save dough on tires. My wife allowed the "buy" only on condition that she use it, after repairs, to drive to work daily! She was the talk of the parking-lot crowd.

My nephew in the Marine Corps., stationed in Okinawa, got it from me for a song, has it up on blocks in Kansas now. He will be glad to hear about this thread!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 4 Days Ago
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by imps View Post
I bought mine in 1997, complete with a crunched right fender, for $6000, $9000 was being asked, had 91K, everything stock.

I put the 10-holers on it to save dough on tires. My wife allowed the "buy" only on condition that she use it, after repairs, to drive to work daily! She was the talk of the parking-lot crowd.

My nephew in the Marine Corps., stationed in Okinawa, got it from me for a song, has it up on blocks in Kansas now. He will be glad to hear about this thread!
Thank him for his service
imps likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page