Ford Mustang Forum banner

Engine cutoff at WOT 4700 rpm

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  40th GT 
#1 ·
Ok wizards! Kind of new to this car. I've had it about 2 months now and have a strange issue. Car is a 2003 cobra with 38k miles, cat back exhaust basine x pipe, high flow cats (still legal, mostly). Stock MAF, with K&N filter on it (previous owners choice). Here is issue, at 4500-4800 rpm WOT 3rd gear it cuts out, but if steady peddle it will go all the way to red-line. I am going to change fuel filter, but what else? I do have an
sct 4 tuner and tune on it from BAMA, it did this before and after tune. When the engine cuts out there is no backfire, or funny pops from engine / exhaust, almost like fuel has been shut off for a few seconds. Put new NGK plugs in it last week TR6 at .0032 gap. Old plugs were still stock and all looked good and nearly identical. Care idles good, runs strong, except for this issue and no CEL's tripping.
2nd ) My MAF counts are maxing out at around 830 on logging? Could some oil from filter have affected MAF sensor? On the Log what do I want to look for, my fuel pump duty (can't remember term) it seems to max out around 55 on the log, I assume that is fine.
I have a 2.8 pulley, 100mm idler, belt, ect. ready to go but I do not want to proceed until I solve this issue first. Here is a list of some of the min-Max from the tuner log:

Log file: Engine load .06 to 1.32 (not sure what the means any help)
MAF counts: 132 to 829 ; spark advance: 3.75 - 53 ; battery voltage: 11.5 -13.69; Fuel pump duty cycle: .19 to .50 ; throttle position absolute: 215 - 955. I have a few more but not sure what some are. Any help would be appreciated.

See less See more
#3 ·
I remember seeing a post several months ago, where a poster said that Traction Control in a vehicle may cause it to lose power during WOT acceleration. If you have traction control, you may want to call a ford service desk to ask them if that's true. Good luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.