Ford Mustang Forum banner

2001 Mustang Dent Protector Strip on Door Repair

964 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Mustang64007 
#1 ·
I have a 2001 Mustang with these strips on the middle of the door which I assume are used for dent protection in parking lots. Well the one on the driver side is starting to peel off and I'm wondering what type of adhesive is best to use to fix it? I've heard double sided tape but I think that sounds like a temporary solution. I would like to use what was initially used on the install but don't know what that is. Anyone know something I can use? I have attached a picture so you can see the strip on the door that I'm talking about. Picture credit is from v6stang333

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
This stuff. You can get it on line, or at places that sell auto body repair supplies, or at a lot of hardware stores, and Autozone. You will also need some 3M multi-purpose adhesive remover to clean up the old stuff. Do a little googling since the tape comes in various thicknesses, and you need to match what is already on the parts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.