Need Help with rear defroster - Ford Mustang Forum
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-10-2010 Thread Starter
Need Help with rear defroster

The electrical piece that is connected to the window has become un-attached is there a way to re attach it? It seems to look like it was connected to the window by a glue or possibly soldered. Any help would be great, becuase I cant defrost my back window unless I hold the piece on the contact point, which is impossible while driving.
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010
COYOTE 5.0 TiVCT 32 Valve
Send a message via Yahoo to Digger
There is a product that I purchased a while back that is really designed to repair broken heating elements in rear window defroster (not the connector to it). It comes in a small bottle (much like fingernail polish) with a brush. It has the appearance of liquid copper. I used it to repair the heating elements in my rear window defroster. Here in Canada, you can get it at Canadian Tire, however in the States, I'm certain you can get it at most any automotive store.

As for the connector to the rear window defroster: you can simply use 5-minute epoxy to reattach it to the glass. Just make sure that when you do reattach it, you get the contact as close to its original position as possible and do not get any epoxy between the connector and the original point of contact with the heating element. Once the epoxy sets, just brush on the liquid copper to bridge the gap between the connector and the heating element.

It works like charm

The road to enlightenment can be a bumpy one. The road to stupidity.....deadly.

...Bob Sintzel 2010

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-21-2010
I have the same problem with the tab on the rear window for the defroster. I did a Google search for a product that I have seen b4 and I did. Its made by a company called Permatex. The product is called: Permatex® Electrically Conductive Rear Window Defogger Tab Adhesive.

If you Google their name and go there website, they have a link for where to buy.

Hope this helps you out.
Sponsored Links
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page