High idle problem? 1995 Mustang - Ford Mustang Forum
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-20-2010 Thread Starter
V6 Member
High idle problem? 1995 Mustang

when i first start my mustang it quickly idles to 1500-2000rpm then takes 1min to idle down to about 500rpm and somtimes after that it ramdomly idles back up to around 1500rpm any answers will be helpful
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-20-2010
GT Member
Sensor of some sort possibly. Have you checked that your throttle linkage isnt binding anywhere?
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-20-2010 Thread Starter
V6 Member
no i have not , but i will see
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-20-2010
Made Member
Also could be something with ur throttle body I Changed to a bbk and had the same problem for alittle while try re-seating the gasket around the throttle body Thats what I did

Go:Pypes mufflers, Custom H-pipe, Fidanza stage 2 clutch,SCT Tuner, American Muscle CAI, BBK 65mm TB, MotoBlue 42% Underdrive Pulley, 17/10.5 (315s) Black Cobras, Strut Tower Brace, Steeda Tri-ax Shifter With Pistol Grip Show:Mach 1 Chin Spoiler, Shorty Antenna, Sequential Turn signals, Bullet Pedal Set, Red Bumper Insert, Black Mach 1 Aluminum Louvers, Hood Pins
Beats:Pioneer HU, Alpine 6X9's Type R's(F/R)
UPS: Richmond 3.73 and Differential Cover.
Soon: Rear end rebuild kit and T-lok
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-20-2010
SHELBY GT 350 Member
V6 Member
try cleaning your idle air control valve (IAC) its on the throttle body there are pictures around here somewhere and instructions how to take it off.

2003 3.8L V6 4R70W
Windstar Upper Intake with cool-air intake, MAC LT headers, BBK O/R H-pipe, and flow 40s, SCT tuner, FRPP Alum. D/S, 3.73 gears, Auburn HP limited slip, and Team Z LCAs, Eibach sway bars.
Best 1/4 time: 15.036 @90.92mph, 2.148 60'
Sponsored Links
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page