2004 Mustang stuck in park - Ford Mustang Forum
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-20-2010 Thread Starter
2004 Mustang stuck in park

I have no power in fuse #41 eney help. Im trying to figuer out why i cant shift it out of park. I have no power at the brake switch.
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-20-2010
SHELBY GT 350 Member
V6 Member
u have no power going into or out of the switch? try checking your fuses in the engine compartment couple other people are having brakelight problems at the moment too check out their threads for more info either here or the v6 talk section

2003 3.8L V6 4R70W
Windstar Upper Intake with cool-air intake, MAC LT headers, BBK O/R H-pipe, and flow 40s, SCT tuner, FRPP Alum. D/S, 3.73 gears, Auburn HP limited slip, and Team Z LCAs, Eibach sway bars.
Best 1/4 time: 15.036 @90.92mph, 2.148 60'
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-27-2010
Thumbs up try this out

Originally Posted by DW7018 View Post
I have no power in fuse #41 eney help. Im trying to figuer out why i cant shift it out of park. I have no power at the brake switch.

haha i got this same problem man! try checking your break pedal see if there's any wires hanging out. if there is there should be a box connected to the top of the pedal pillar with two circular metal things, take the wire and touch it to the bottom circular metal thing, i got mine ductaped right now. but basically i think that, that box tells your car when your stepping on the brakes in park therefore if your car doesnt think your stepping on the breaks, it wont let you move. its weird though cuz the lights work fine while i drive, but when i was in park the lights wont come on. so thats actually a good way to see if it works. try it out let me know what happened.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-07-2010
V6 Member
I was in my buddies 2004 3.9 when this happened to him, lol i told him it was his brake light switch wiring, which BTW was stripped out. His Gorilla feet ripped the Negative wire out of the box, walked across the street to Autozone (Great location at the time) picked up a new one
Sponsored Links
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page