1998 3.8L Mustang-Overheating Issue - Help
My fan doesn't work but that hasn't been a serious issue yet. Started last spring not to work.
Until recently my engine temperature gauge would go all the way to H, then drop back to medium Normal and operate with no further issues. It would overheat at stop lights with the A/C on but I attributed that to the fan not working.
Was suggested to me that it might be a thermostat issue so I replaced the old one with a Fail Safe brand Thermostat. First time I put it on it leaked so I made sure to clean off all of the old gasket and then used blue RTV silicone. It doesn't leak now.
However, now the car overheats and smokes within 20 minutes of normal driving. The smoke and vapor is now coming out of a ?vacuum hose? that connects to the Cold Air Air Intake I put on 3 years ago (no issues with it till now). This hose was part of the original intake system and the new one had the attachment for it.
The engine now idles poorly and with vapor coming out of it and INTO THE ENGINE I'm highly concerned. I can't even figure out why vapor I assume is cooling fluid is now going into my air intake?
Help please. Thanks