What is the pony package - Ford Mustang Forum
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-27-2006 Thread Starter
What is the pony package

What all comes with the pony package? and how much difference does it make it hp, if any. thanks

2002 V6 auto. K&N FIPK II, Flowmaster 2.25 in. exhaust. and many more to come
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-27-2006
Re: What is the pony package

Mine has the pony package. No difference in hp. It is just cosmetic. Something to give dealers to try and sell their customers. Stuff like power seats, the horse symbol on the dash, front wimdow, and sometimes on the bucket seats, different spoiler etc.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-28-2006
V6 Member
Send a message via MSN to mac_mogul Send a message via Yahoo to mac_mogul

Late model V6 Pony Packages came with:
GT hood scoop
Fog lights
16" powder coated chrome 5 spoke wheels
Running pony decal on the sides, below the doors.

I think it included a couple other packages as well that were mostly on the interior. (power seats, audio, etc)

Black 2003 3.8 Auto
K&N Air Filter
BOSCH +4 Platinum Plugs
True-dual exhaust Flowmaster 80 series
Coming soon:
20% Window Tint
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-29-2006
SHELBY GT 350 Member
V6 Member

I never really thought about having the pony package. I have the deluxe package that came with embroidered leather seats, the pony on the dash, and the windshield pony. Does that mean my '01 has it? Any websites that can give me the specific info on the production options for my year?
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-01-2006
S197 Member

If you're talking about the Pony Package for the 99-04 model years, the Pony Edition Mustang was added to the nationwide lineup in 2003, after being a Florida-only offering in 2001 and 2002. The Pony Package includes the raised GT hood scoop, Stampeding Pony door graphics (not offered in 2004), polished 16" wheels, and black bumper inserts.

Starting on the 2006 models, and with an MSRP of $1,195, the Pony Package, which is available on V6 coupe and convertible, comes standard with a new 1965 Mustang GT-inspired grille which features a traditional corral surrounding the pony and horizontal bars which lead to small chrome-trimmed grille-mounted foglamps. The 2006 Pony is the first six-cylinder Mustang in the 40+ year history of the car to come standard with 17" wheels--the same "Bullitt" wheels that were standard on the 2005 Mustang GT. The wheels, outfitted with a unique tri-bar Pony center cap, are wrapped in P235/55ZR 17-inch tires. The Pony has a new thin-thick-thin rocker panel tape stripe with "MUSTANG" lettering on the door and comes standard with a rear spoiler, anti-lock braking system (ABS) and traction control. Also included in the 2006 Pony Package are Pony front fender badges, a rear spoiler, and carpeted floor mats with unique brushed chrome "Mustang" badge.

Pony Ride 2 - 2007 Grabber Orange GT Premium with 5-speed manual transmission
Sponsored Links
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page